Interest test...

ross549

Run away?? Oh, now I recognize these scoundrels...they are the advance guard from the Lord of Python. Come, let us throw shrubbery at them, the evil sods. :ph34r:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ross549

• teacher

• havnblast

• Jeber

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LilBambi

Oh, no! the Knights that say "Neet" or was that "Neat" ....waving a shrubbery like a talisman :D :ph34r: :ph34r: Bambi to ross549, please contact base, we need additional troops LOL!

HEAD KNIGHT: Nee! Nee! Nee! Nee!ARTHUR: Who are you?HEAD KNIGHT: We are the Knights Who Say... Nee!ARTHUR: No! Not the Knights Who Say Nee!HEAD KNIGHT: The same!BEDEMIR: Who are they?HEAD KNIGHT: We are the keepers of the sacred words: Nee, Pang,and Nee-wom!RANDOM: Nee-wom!ARTHUR: Those who hear them seldom live to tell the tale!HEAD KNIGHT: The Knights Who Say Nee demand a sacrifice!ARTHUR: Knights of Nee, we are but simple travellers who seek theenchanter who lives beyond these woods.HEAD KNIGHT: Nee! Nee! Nee! Nee!ARTHUR and PARTY: Oh, ow!HEAD KNIGHT: We shall say 'nee' again to you if you do notappease us.ARTHUR: Well, what is it you want?HEAD KNIGHT: We want... a shrubbery![dramatic chord]ARTHUR: A what?HEAD KNIGHT: Nee! Nee!ARTHUR and PARTY: Oh, ow!ARTHUR: Please, please! No more! We shall find a shrubbery.HEAD KNIGHT: You must return here with a shrubbery or else youwill never pass through this wood alive!ARTHUR: O Knights of Nee, you are just and fair, and we willreturn with a shrubbery.HEAD KNIGHT: One that looks nice.ARTHUR: Of course.HEAD KNIGHT: And not too expensive.ARTHUR: Yes.HEAD KNIGHTS: Now... go!Sorry couldn't resist :ph34r:

Cluttermagnet
ARTHUR: Please, please! No more! We shall find a shrubbery.HEAD KNIGHT: You must return here with a shrubbery or else youwill never pass through this wood alive!ARTHUR: O Knights of Nee, you are just and fair, and we willreturn with a shrubbery.HEAD KNIGHT: One that looks nice.ARTHUR: Of course.HEAD KNIGHT: And not too expensive.ARTHUR: Yes.HEAD KNIGHTS: Now... go!Sorry couldn't resist  :D
Wonderful! I thought I remembered them saying "nicht". You know- teutonic knights or whatever. It's a bit more glottal or palatal sound than "knee". You know-as in "das is nicht! Nicht! Nicht!..." More of the tongue up near the soft palate. Whilst thinking in abject dread that Oktoberfest must regretfully come to an end sooner or later. (What would they be doing in England anyway? Foreign exchange students?) Whatever. I must be going senile already. But please- search out for us the part about cutting down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring. That is also a classic. Demands should rightly escalate, you know. And also please favor us with the knights' new word. You know, the part where they become the knights who formerly said "nee" but now say "wiggy wiggy" (or whatever). Say the secret word and win a hundred dollars. It's an everyday word, one you might use around the house or the gair-raj or the slaves quarters. You'll be making hay when the sun shines and at midnight too, with Mutant Blue. By the way, what _is_ the maximum air speed of an african swallow? Oh knights of nee, you are truly just and fair!Clutter :DMy thanks to the Firesign Theatre for the gair-raj/ Mutant Blue sequence;Also to Groucho Marx for the secret word;And most of all to my family for our rarely-seen strain of insanity.

But please- search out for us the part about cutting down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring. That is also a classic.  And also please favor us with the knights' new word. You know, the part where they become the knights who formerly said "nee" but now say "wiggy wiggy" (or whatever). Clutter  :D
Your wish is my command :DAmie.ARTHUR: O, Knights of Nee, we have brought you your shrubbery.May we go now?HEAD KNIGHT: It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurelsparticularly. But there is one small problem.ARTHUR: What is that?HEAD KNIGHT: We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say Nee.RANDOM: Nee!HEAD KNIGHT: Shh shh. We are now the Knights Who SayEcky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoom-boing-mumble-mumble.RANDOM: Nee!HEAD KNIGHT: Therefore, we must give you a test.ARTHUR: What is this test, O Knights of-- Knights Who 'TilRecently Said Nee?HEAD KNIGHT: Firstly, you must find... another shrubbery![dramatic chord]ARTHUR: Not another shrubbery!HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you mustplace it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so youget a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle.KNIGHTS: A path! A path! Nee!HEAD KNIGHT: Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you mustcut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with... a herring![dramatic chord]ARTHUR: We shall do no such thing!HEAD KNIGHT: Oh, please!ARTHUR: Cut down a tree with a herring? It can't be done.KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!HEAD KNIGHT: Don't say that word.ARTHUR: What word?HEAD KNIGHT: I cannot tell, suffice to say is one of the wordsthe Knights of Nee cannot hear.ARTHUR: How can we not say the word if you don't tell us what it is?KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh! Aaaugh!ARTHUR: What, `is'?HEAD KNIGHT: No, not `is' -- we couldn't get vary far in life notsaying `is'.BEDEMIR: My liege, it's Sir Robin!MINSTREL (singing): Packing it in and packing it upAnd sneaking away and buggering upAnd chickening out and pissing aboutYes, bravely he is throwing in the spongeARTHUR: Oh, Robin! ROBIN: My liege! It's good to see you!KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!HEAD KNIGHT: He said the word!ARTHUR: Surely you've not given up your quest for the Holy Grail?MINSTREL (singing): He is sneaking away and buggering up--ROBIN: Shut up! No, no no-- far from it.HEAD KNIGHT: He said the word again!ROBIN: I was looking for it.KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!ROBIN: Uh, here, here in this forest.ARTHUR: No, it is far from--KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!HEAD KNIGHT: Aaaaugh! Stop saying the word!ARTHUR: Oh, stop it!KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!HEAD KNIGHT: Oh! He said it again!ARTHUR: Patsy!HEAD KNIGHT: Aaugh! I said it! I said it! Ooh! I said itagain!KNIGHTS: Aaaaugh!Narrative InterludeNARRATOR: And so Arthur and Bedemir and Sir Robin set out ontheir search to find the enchanter of whom the old man had spokenin Scene 24. Beyond the forest they met Launcelot and Galahad,and there was much rejoicing.ALL: Yay! Yay!NARRATOR: In the frozen land of Nador they were forced to eatRobin's minstrels. And there was much rejoicing.ALL: Yay!NARRATOR: A year passed. Winter changed into Spring. Springchanged into Summer. Summer changed back into Winter. And Wintergave Spring and Summer a miss and went straight on into Autumn.Until one day...

LOL! Gotta love Python! Thanks Amie!  :D
I knew there was some reason why I like you guys so much, we share a sense of humour. B) Plus of course you help Mike such a lot. :POh, and how could I forget, I am planning on installing Firebird soon and know just where to come if I get stuck. :D

I don't know how you can get stuck installing Firebird. It is a nice program. GolfProRM over in the Firebird area will be happy to walk you through that and Thunderbird. You folks lose me on the Python but that's okay. I appreciate a good sense of humor. Mike is fun to help. He hangs in there and keeps trying. :D Plus he works through one problem at a time.

I don't know how you can get stuck installing Firebird.    Mike is fun to help.
I was thinking more of the customising that I will want to do afterwards rather than the install, just love tweaking things :D Mike is not only fun, he is one of the most incredible people I have ever had the privilege of knowing. :D

Heh, I am not surprised. I sleep for 12 hours and this turns into a Firebird thread. Only on this board.... :D B) Love the python references. I wll have to watch the holy grail now.... :D

Heh, I am not surprised. I sleep for 12 hours and this turns into a Firebird thread. Only on this board....  :w00t:  :lol: Love the python  references. I wll have to watch the holy grail now....  :blink:
At least we did not turn it into an L**** thread on you. You think you get to sleep 12 hours. Head over to the ATL forum and we have work for you. :D

Cluttermagnet
Narrative InterludeNARRATOR: And so Arthur and Bedemir and Sir Robin set out ontheir search to find the enchanter of whom the old man had spokenin Scene 24. Beyond the forest they met Launcelot and Galahad,and there was much rejoicing.ALL: Yay! Yay!NARRATOR: In the frozen land of Nador they were forced to eatRobin's minstrels. And there was much rejoicing.ALL: Yay!
Well, rejoicing there should be! The stupid twits always pranced behind Robin wherever he went, singing "...Sir Robin ran away..." It grew rather annoying after about the 6th repetition- well, perhaps the 9th?BTW where in England is that castle of amorous women located? I should enjoy researching that one personally at some point. To economize, I would have to fly coach class and forego purchasing the optional knights rescue enactment package, instead simply trusting my care to the good and gentle womenfolk. Say, what is that queue outside guest quarters about? Shift change? All hands briefing? Sitar concert?(Well, it's my fantasy, so I get to mix metaphors- or movies- as I see fit)

I am putting on my earmuffs and shades. I thought the rose colored lenses were suppose to work to prevent this kind of thing. Didn't Sieb advertise that fact? Maybe she was trying to lead us astray.Or Maybe the two of them got together and plotted this. I saw them up on that roof!_______________________________-Your Ever Watchful Teacher :P

It's a trick...he's trying to trap another one of us...resist the Ross, Julia... :whistling:
Jeber, you cannot resist.... I know you want to try, but it is not going to happen. The swirling vortex of the Ross will suck you in, and you can't get back out. The more you squirm, the more stuck you will be.

You know, Julia this whole Mandrake mess is giving me a headache...... maybe I should just wipe the offending partitions and just install XP pro so I can get my warm fuzzy back..... :whistling: :ermm: :lol:

I'm glad you posted that here and not in the ATL forum. Everyone would be running to justify why you should stick with it. If the folks on this forum can't get you up and running then I don't know. I am confident we will get this set up. Just might have to wait until some others are on line. :)

I am putting on my earmuffs and shades.  I thought the rose colored lenses were suppose to work to prevent this kind of thing.  Didn't Sieb advertise that fact?  Maybe she was trying to lead us astray.Or Maybe the two of them got together and plotted this.  I saw them up on that roof!_______________________________-Your Ever Watchful Teacher  B)
I don't wear the rose colored lenses - unfortunately, they're prone to security problems, buffer overruns, rosy outlook on life, etc. I stick with the dark, inscrutable lenses - nothing gets through either direction. B) I was only on the roof to strengthen my defenses & to act as ballast!! :w00t: ----------------------------The avoiding the swirling vortex & keeping on those cheap sunglasses Sieb! :w00t: