FF 3.6 breaks Invision power board editor?

SueD

I've got a new problem and because of it, I can't start a new topic. So if a mod could be so kind as to move this thread, I'd be most appreciative.I can't reply to a post unless I use the Fast Reply option. If I just use Reply, my cursor doesn't appear. Firefox 3.6 in Archlinux.Thanks.

Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5.7 here so maybe this doesn't apply.When I click the reply button, the cursor doesn't appear until I activate the reply window by clicking in it.

Windows 7 and Firefox 3.5.7 here so maybe this doesn't apply.When I click the reply button, the cursor doesn't appear until I activate the reply window by clicking in it.
I'm now trying it with a different browser (epiphany) so it's an FF issue. Off to check my add-ons now.Thanks. B)

Ahem... questions:1. When you click on "Add Reply", "New Topic" etc, do you get the reply window? If you do:2. When you click on "Reply with quote", does the quoted text appear in the "reply box"? If it does:3. When you click on the "reply box" and type something, click on "Preview Post", do you see what you've typed?4. Have you tried another browser?5. Have you tried with another Firefox theme?6. Extensions? Pheeew... what else?EDIT: Oopsy... x-posted. Fuggedabout 4.

1. When you click on "Add Reply", "New Topic" etc, do you get the reply window? If you do: Yuppers2. When you click on "Reply with quote", does the quoted text appear in the "reply box"? If it does: Yuppers3. When you click on the "reply box" and type something, click on "Preview Post", do you see what you've typed? Nope...can't type4. Have you tried another browser? Yuppers5. Have you tried with another Firefox theme? Just about to6. Extensions? Pheeew... what else? Removing them...will be back.

Well... it's either the theme or a misbehaving addon. Rocket scientist, moi. B) 1. Test the "previous" theme without addons. Still working?2. Enable your addons one by one. Shoot the culprit.3. Have fun! :thumbsup:

At the moment, I'm running FF without addons and the default theme...still not able to use the Reply button.I'll work on this tomorrow when I'm not so frustrated.Thanks.

I'll work on this tomorrow when I'm not so frustrated.
Sorry, Sue... I must've been asleep last night; I somehow managed to misread "sonofagun, with my addons disabled and the theme set to default, it still won't work!"... nevermind. :( Anyway... more info on this –– CAN FOLKS USING FIREFOX 3.6 VERIFY THIS?
It seems to me FF 3.6 update borks the Invision PB rich text editor. At the very least it suddenly stopped working when I upgraded to FF 3.6.________________This is a behaviour change induced by a modification in Firefox. It is not yet determined (in the bug) if the new Firefox behaviour is correct or if it is a new bug introduced by Fx 3.6.For the moment, a user has been able to find a collection of about 20 code modifications that changed the behaviour. This very same user is still investigating in order to pinpoint the culprit. Once this is done, a dev will likely be able to study the problem and determine who is the culprit, Firefox (in that case, expect a fix in 3.6.1 or 3.6.2) or the RTE relying on a previous bug (in that case, Invision will have to fix it).
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...9&t=1710095So... if that is so, here's what you should try:Reply window, top right corner, there's a "switch between standard and rich text editor" button:rte-switch-editor.pngClick on it... that'll take you back to "standard mode", i.e. less WYSIWYGness in the reply box; you'll see bolded words in "b tags" instead of... ahem... bold. And so on. Eh. I prefer the "standard mode" anyway; when the fancy "rich text thingy" gets things wrong, it's abother fine mess...P.S. Edited the title to... fit the plot. :thumbsup:

Sorry, Sue... I must've been asleep last night; I somehow managed to misread "sonofagun, with my addons disabled and the theme set to default, it still won't work!"... nevermind. :( Anyway... more info on this –– CAN FOLKS USING FIREFOX 3.6 VERIFY THIS?http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...9&t=1710095So... if that is so, here's what you should try:Reply window, top right corner, there's a "switch between standard and rich text editor" button:rte-switch-editor.pngClick on it... that'll take you back to "standard mode", i.e. less WYSIWYGness in the reply box; you'll see bolded words in "b tags" instead of... ahem... bold. And so on. Eh. I prefer the "standard mode" anyway; when the fancy "rich text thingy" gets things wrong, it's abother fine mess...P.S. Edited the title to... fit the plot. :thumbsup:
Aha, that worked! It never occured to me to turn off the editor.Thanks Urmas. :thumbsdown:

Just got a confirmation from Frank Golden. Frank uses FF 3.6 (multiple OS's), and the rich text editor no worky. :)
Oh thank goodness! Usually, when I'm the only one with the problem, it's because of something I did. Glad to hear I'm not alone in this. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

Hmm... testing.Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.Testing...=====Cursor disappears in RICH mode. :)

OK, n=3... statistical significance achieved. :) FIREFOX 3.6 USERS: For the time being, you will have to use the reply editor in "standard mode" (see post #9).

V.T. Eric Layton

I've been coming here for 4 years and never noticed that you could switch. I really didn't notice any big diff. I think you can use HTML in RICH mode. Whoop-dee-do.

I've been coming here for 4 years and never noticed that you could switch. I really didn't notice any big diff. I think you can use HTML in RICH mode. Whoop-dee-do.
I am using FF-3.6 and I just hit the Reply button and am happily typing in the box. So, I have no idea what is going on.

I am using FF-3.6 and I just hit the Reply button and am happily typing in the box. So, I have no idea what is going on.
Replying to me with the editor off - can't see much difference. Oh well............

I generally use fast reply anyway. However, for the above, I did use the Reply button and had no problems with the cursor. I don't use the Richie Rich stuff anyway. When I did click on the editor button, I saw no difference, so maybe it don't work for me anyway.