"Run As The Root Account"

saturnian

securitybreach
B) That was great!!! I especially liked the "ran as root" list. Funny stuff.From the fourth comment:
In case anyone takes this seriously, don't do this. If you ever run a malicious program (or maybe just one with a bad bug), this can ruin or comprise your system.

B) A link from comments (contains language unsuitable for occasions such as afternoon tea with the vicar)BOFH: Being root – Seminar sabotage
"I think you'll find real administrators always use their own account and su to root" he replies condescendingly."Pffft!""So you use root all the time do you?""Only for the past 20 years.""And you're not afraid of accidentally removing all the files from your home directory?""I used to be, but now I always do my work in someone else's home directory."But aren't you afraid you'll accidentally type in some command that would crash the system?""No more that I'm afraid I'll accidentally say something like You're a complete fraud!""That's completely different.""Yes, it's a lot easier to say something without thinking than to type it.""So you're saying you always use root rather than your own account?""root is my own account...""Well I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. It may be that some linux administrators are less concerned with their system security than others, but in my experience linux administrators are just as concerned as Windows and OS/2 administrators about the ability of malicious software being downloaded and affecting the machine with enhanced privileges.""Oooh, yes," I add. "When I used OS/2 I was very concerned about malicious software exploiting enhanced privileges.""What, the ability to activate code which could destroy the operating system and data on it?""No, my concerns were more along the line of it not setting the machine on fire and hammering a stake through the install media - apparently viruses can't do that," I sigh.

I added a few names to the list:All your root are belong to usMike Martz (NFL offensive coord)Enoch Root was already there.I posted a comment as root.

You obviously don't have kids. They get into everything. Don't leave your root lying around.