The Bruno Knaapen Technology Learning Center is Established

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

The Bruno Knaapen Technology Learning Center is EstablishedSaturday, February 06, 2010It was just a short time ago that Scot Finnie announced a long-time Linux Advocate had fallen terribly Ill. His name is Bruno Knaapen and he is the author and maintainer of Brunolinux.com. We wrote about Bruno at Blog of helios and told you that we planned to dedicate a technology learning center to him. I began speaking with different people about various possibilities and locations for the center. It became obvious after a short time that we were not going to be able to find a suitable place any time soon....please read the rest of the blog post --> http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/02/brun...y-learning.html

V.T. Eric Layton

I didn't do anything but re-post Ken's blog post here, Réjean. I'm not affiliated with Ken's Helios Project; although, I believe it is a FABULOUS endeavor! ;) Credit where credit is due, folks. This is all thanks to Ken Starks and The Helios Project. If you possibly can, HELP is needed for the Helios Project.Thanks all...~Eric

"The Bruno Knaapen Technology Learning Center" . . . Ken you are THE man, you pulled it off, and I feel deeply honored !This makes me so proud . . . and hereby I know that all the effort I gave to never give up was not wasted. The 37,904 forum posts were not wasted. The hours were not wasted but had one only purpose: teaching people how to use technology ( in this case "Linux-technology" the only real "Free operating system" ) to get ahead in life and better themselves.I am deeply moved by the fact that you named it after me: Bruno Knaapen.Love,;) BrunoPS: Yep, I am still fighting "the" battle . . . .PS2: On a side note: I heard that the Canadian folk writer Kate McGarrigle died from cancer last week. I was a great fan of her songs like "heart like a wheel" . . . music being my other great passion. She will have her funeral on Monday.

It is so nice to read from you Bruno. :thumbsup: You have good reason to be proud of your little pinguins.Keep on fighting for as long as you have energy. ;) We love you! :)

This is wonderful!
It is definitely nice to hear from you bruno.........i thought about the day i will check the forum and see a post from you again. thx god it was sooner rather than later.

securitybreach

That is really a great thing that Ken helped to make possible. ;) :) Bruno, its nice to hear from you again buddy. It is only fitting that a Tech Learning Center would be named in your honor since you have helped so many people over the years with Linux. The knowledge and guidance you have given myself and others over the years is priceless.

EricThanks for re-posting Ken's blog post here. I was going to ask permission if you hadn't already done it. Also, Ken's early Linux education was at Bruno's knee, so to speak, so credit where credit is due. Ken is a huge fan of Bruno. I am affiliated with The HeliOS Project. http://heliosinitiative.org/page.php?2 Just full disclosure. No one at the project receives compensation for their efforts. Anyone who wants to help, special need right now for 512MB pc133 laptop ram. Dig deep into your special reserves of old useless junk. We have a bunch of laptops with Pentium 4's which need this ram to run really well with Linux. They are to be deployed at 'The Bruno Center' and elsewhere for those with mobility issues. Ken does some cool stuff mounting them on wheelchairs and wheelchair accessible workstations. The Project also needs a good digital camera, anyone get a new one for Christmas and have a spare. Computer speakers, external usb CD/DVD drives. We always need power cords and VGA cables, it is amazing how many donated computers do not have them.The donate now button on his blogsite and our official site are for daily operations/needs like those mentioned above if you don't have any of them hanging around. We have deals with suppliers to get these items cheaper than you can buy them, so if you want to help and don't have parts lying around, every $ really goes a long way.Sorry for running on like this, but it really gets me going.BlessingsBobAlso, we are a member project at Software in the Public Interest, Inc. and can offer you a U.S. tax deductible receipt for your contributions.

V.T. Eric Layton

Bob (Amenditman), ANY tiime you or Ken wants to post about The Helios Project here, my friend, you just go right ahead and post. No need to be asking permission. :yes:And thanks for what you do! :thumbsup:

Kate was a nice lady and I was fortunate to have met her once. I've known Anna for about 25 years, ever since her kids and my boys were in school together. I was shocked when I bumped into her last year and she told me of Kate's illness. She had great talent and will be missed.

McGarrigles' music is the genuine, good, wholesome stuff we'd need more of. Not that overproduced, sterile, targeted-for-specific-audiences "McMusic" that seems to... "be" everywhere.YouTube –

Ooh yes. Makes a difference. Gives your soul a massage.

WOW... that is a big/good news. i have been away from this forum for quite a long time. just saw this post anyway what happened to Bruno, is he alright... let me know ASAP. thanks

WOW... that is a big/good news. i have been away from this forum for quite a long time. just saw this post anyway what happened to Bruno, is he alright... let me know ASAP. thanks
See this thread:http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=31556Great news, the world need more Bruno learning centers.Good to hear from you Bruno, keep up the good fight. Edited by Frank Golden