Firebird now builds with GCC 3.3.1

nilson

Yep, and it now supports optimization, but building stically is still broken. If you want to try, you'll need the GCC 3.3.1 candidate build from MinGW (core & g++)

[quote name='nilson' date='Oct 5 2003, 08:34 PM']Yep, and it now supports optimization, but building stically is still broken.  If you want to try, you'll need the GCC 3.3.1 candidate build from MinGW (core & g++)[/quote]Hey Nilson...I still couldn't get the patch to work :(Here is what happens:[code]C:\Documents and Settings\Neil>cd c:\mozillaC:\mozilla>mozset.batC:\mozilla>patch C:\mozilla\mozilla\xpcom\glue\nsCOMPtr.cpp 22091.2'patch' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.C:\mozilla>[/code]:( Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Are you sure you installed patch in the Cygwin setup?Here's what I get:

D:\>cd devD:\dev>batch\mozilla\mozsetD:\dev>patch --versionpatch 2.5.8Copyright (C) 1998 Larry WallCopyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.You may redistribute copies of this programunder the terms of the GNU General Public Licence.For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.written by Larry Hall and Pall EggertD:\dev>

Heh...oops...I didn't have patch installed....I have corrected that, and I believe the patching went successful...but the build still failed :D

In file included from ../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsComponentManagerUtils.h:28,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsIComponentManager.h:158,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsIServiceManagerObsolete.h:52,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsIServiceManagerUtils.h:42,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsIServiceManager.h:167,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsDirectoryServiceUtils.h:27,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsIFile.h:819,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsILocalFile.h:10,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom_obsolete/nsFileSpec.h:176,                 from ../../../dist/include/xpcom_obsolete/nsIFileSpec.h:17,                 from c:/mozilla/mozilla/xpcom/obsolete/component/nsFileSpecImpl.h:42,                 from c:/mozilla/mozilla/xpcom/obsolete/component/nsXPCOMObsolete.cpp:41:../../../dist/include/xpcom/nsCOMPtr.h:408: error: function `   nsCOMPtr_base::~nsCOMPtr_base()' definition is marked dllimport.make[4]: *** [nsXPCOMObsolete.o] Error 1make[4]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/xpcom/obsolete/component'make[3]: *** [libs] Error 2make[3]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla/xpcom/obsolete'make[2]: *** [libs] Error 2make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla'make[1]: *** [alldep] Error 2make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/mozilla/mozilla'

:D Maybe I didn't patch right?

Maybe you should delete the source tree again (get the bz2) and try patching again.  The tree is only about 25 megs.
Was I supposed to use the same patch on both the .cpp and the .h file? Or were there two patches?