Jeber for Moderator of The Water-Cooler

Guest Paracelsus

Should We Draft Jeber To Be an Official Moderator of The Water-Cooler  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest ComputerBob
I think you should just create a completely separate Forum category, name it "Jeber's Playground", and let him have free reign. I'm sure he'd invite us all over to play...
The Forum Test Area doesn't have any moderator. Imagine new users posting test messages there and getting replies from Jeber. :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• havnblast

• Big Jeff

• jbredmound

Hey Jeber, is this like "hanging from a thread"?No really...you have a majority vote here, just like Nixon, Ventura or Gore.I DID vote for you buddy, cause I think you'll put something in the water, and it has been a long, long time.So lets quit all the jabbering. The votes are in, we are all too intellegent here to claim that we couldn't understand the ballot, and we gotta do something before the Jeber bumper stickers start showing up. :lol: And if he doesn't do a good job, we'll tell Bush that he is Al Quida and move on.Jeber! Jeber! Jeber!

Jeber, whatever you do, do NOT "promise to behave."
OK, let's see if I've got this straight...you don't want me to behave (no problem there, I never promise to do that which is not in my nature) but you want me to "moderate" a forum. I have no objection to helping keep this forum bright and sparkly, polite and proper...as long as I do not have to moderate my own behavior. My primary function, as I see it, is to keep the posters amused and lighten the atmosphere of this otherwise seriously informative forum. Sometimes I do this by giving advice. At times it's even good advice. But I always try to remain polite and respectful, and I encourage others to do the same. I have noticed that all your moderators are so smart and informed. I could offer an alternative to that. :lol:

LMAO at the moderator for test forum. Are we sure we weren't tricked like the Florida voters :o , where A = C and C = B etc... :lol: got to love this forum. I say spike the water and add some flavor. :o

Sorry about the twin posts, but I got a 'time out exception' at my end and it brought me back to the post board...I thought it hadn't gone through...until I posted again, and then there were two!

Guest LilBambi

labyrinth --No worries :D Jeber --Great fun! I must say, I always enjoy reading your posts ... no matter what the topic....they are at the very least, always witty and more often than not, leave me laughing! Great tonic for the day! :D Thanks!

I've been itching to make Jeber moderator of something, and, hey, this place is as good as any.
You know, Scot, I'm just beginning to get my feet wet as moderator on another forum (LG), so maybe I should be started off gradually then given more responsibility as time goes on. Start me off as a moderator of this post. If I do a good job (seems to be ok this far!), you can make me mod of this thread. Once I get the hang of that (2 years max) I could be considered for more advanced duties. Just a thought. Not trying to tell you how to do your job. Not even sure what your job is. Or mine. :rolleyes:

Jeber,By the time most people figure out their job, someone usually takes it away from them and gives them another. (Which is why most of the time I try really hard to look like I'm still figuring things out.)So, if you're happy doing what you're doing now, the last thing I want to do is go and wreck it by putting an "official label" on it. ****, maybe that'd cramp your style, I don't know.But you're funny as ****, dude, and we'd like to recognize you for it. One way to do that would be to make you a moderator. But if that doesn't sound like fun, the mods and I might dream up some alternatives. Maybe you could be the Official Bartender or something. Maybe the Water Cooler could become the Cantina or the Watering Hole. Might be fun.-- Scot

I've finally found THE avatar that represents the inner me!  Be afraid...be very afraid  :blink:
Love it, Jeber!! :lol: :D :lol: It's perfect. :D :lol: :D With you all tied up, I guess it's Open Bar!! ;)

Official Bartender
I believe the official geek drink is coffee, as opposed to alcohol (we don't want to encourage drunken posting now, do we?). So I'll be the SFNL barrista! (Sorry kids, no happy hour in a coffee shop) Today's Special: Virtual Latte, 2 shots, 20 oz., same low price! :blink:

Guest ComputerBob
I believe the official geek drink is coffee...
I never touch the stuff. Stunts my growth, which by the way, now covers most of the back of my head, extending down my back. I keep my hair really long to cover it. :blink: Do you have any Shasta Kiwi Strawberry? Or, even better, some Frank's Black Cherry Wishniak from the Philadelphia area? MMMmmmm! That's good stuff! :lol:

Hey, whoa, everybody back in line. I know we just opened for business. but let's have a little respect for the furnishings, ok? ok. We have a double for my little chickadee at the head of the line.And of course, CB never wants what's on the menu...so one Frank's Black Cherry Wishniak from the Philadelphia area for CB (hey, Ralph, just what the folgers IS "Wishniak" anyway? Do we have a license to sell it? Wasn't that the guy that invented the internet, or the computer, or something?" Here ya go, Bob.Keep the line moving.NEXT! (p.s. got the "growth" gag. Very good. Pretty clever for a "techie". :blink: )

May I have some dihydrogen monoxide on the rocks, with a twist of lime? It helps wash down the gingko baloba.(edited by Ben after Big Jeff's post in order to spell dihydrogen monoxide correctly before Paracelsus gets here)

benhenry,Condoning and/or advocating the ingestion of the hazardous chemical, dihydrogen monoxide, in this forum is irresponsible, at best. Perhaps you are unaware of its potentially lethal side effects. See the DHMO Homepage for more details. Sheesh, next thing you'll be advocating the inhalation of diatomic monoxide gases. :unsure:

benhenry,Condoning and/or advocating the ingestion of the hazardous chemical, dihydrogen monoxide, in this forum is irresponsible, at best. Perhaps you are unaware of its potentially lethal side effects. See the DHMO Homepage for more details. Sheesh, next thing you'll be advocating the inhalation of diatomic monoxide gases.  :unsure:
I just can't help it. I need it real bad. And I want it real good.

Big Jeff, benhenry; you guys are starting to make my brain seize up again. How can I avoid dihydrogen monoxide when the government practically shoves it down my throat? Hey, did everyone hear the latest? Seems if you try to unsubscribe from the SFNL; you're automatically unsubscribed from every newsletter you receive, your email accounts are all cancelled, you'll be barred from the web for up to 3 years, and you can never again use a mouse. Most former unsubscribers just give up computing rather than try to learn to operate a computer with only a keyboard. It's a temporary glitch. I heard that Scot is in meetings with the owners of the internet in an attempt to get the problem fixed. What? I dunno, just overheard those two girls with the toffee-chocolate-banana-wheat germ-tofu-triple shot latte's over in the corner. :unsure:

I heard that Scot is in meetings with the owners of the internet in an attempt to get the problem fixed.
Owners?? Al Gore invented and is the sole proprietor of the internet. If Scot knows Al Gore, why would anyone want to unsubscribe to SFNL? :unsure:

ok,ok, look. Let's say Gore owns the plantation. We all know Bill owns the Gates to the plantation, except for that weak spot down by the outhouse that AOL captured. Well, these guys that Scot's talking to, they own like the whole block that the mansion sits on. No, a block and a half. And they own the MickeyD's franchise down the street, too. :unsure:

Guest Paracelsus
May I have some dihydrogen monoxide on the rocks, with a twist of lime? It helps wash down the gingko baloba.(edited by Ben after Big Jeff's post in order to spell dihydrogen monoxide correctly before Paracelsus gets here)
BenI swore off Dihydrogen monoxide years ago. I suggest you do the same. Most unhealthful! (Almost as bad as Absinthe) Besides... I read recently that it neutralizes the bio-active compounds in Ginko-Biloba.May I recommend a more refreshing and invigorating alternative??...de-Protonated HydroniumIf it's not yet available in your area... Call your local Hydrogen Hydroxide or Hydrogenated Oxygen distributor and ask if they can special order it for you :ph34r: :unsure:

Guest Paracelsus
Wow! I don't know how you got it so quickly, but that's GOOD Wishing! And it's really cold, too!And, I'll save a lot of money buying it from you instead of getting 2 cans of it in a "#2 Philly Cheesesteak Package":http://www.ynotbuyitnow.com/taste_of_philly/
Hey CB! Don't tell me your an old Philly boy too. WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! :) :) I get homesick anytime someone mentions "Home". Left for SoCal in '80... and only been back once since.I was there for the "Great Easter Blizzard" of '97. What a Trip!! Took a stroll from Clinton St. (next to Pennsylvania Hospital) to Rittenhouse Sq. about 11pm Easter Sunday night, in the snow. What Fun :ph34r: :unsure: :)EDIT... Do we really need this thread any more?? Congrats!! Jeb-Meister. Happy Mis-behaving :) :)

Boy, was I getting SICK of this thread. The main redeaming value was Jeeb.Now that justice has been done, and we, the lunatics, have our representation in the "inner asylum" (so to speak), we can move on to bigger and better things...like the water. B) Congrats, Jeber. Don't worry...I never leave you out there alone (nor will Dr. Earle).

Guest LilBambi

Jeber --Congrats!Looks like we are all very happy you accepted the Mission Impossible assignment!Now, don't forget ... these posts will self-destruct in 30 seconds ... and should you be captured, caught or exposed ... we will disavow any knowledge as any good secret agent should B)

Guest ComputerBob
Hey CB!  Don't tell me your an old Philly boy too.  WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! :)  :D  I get homesick anytime someone mentions "Home"
Paracelsus -- I'm sorry for making you feel homesick, but no, I'm not a Philly boy, though I've been there several times over the past 20 years. One of my favorite cousins lives over the bridge in New Jersey. During a visit to his first home in Cherry Hill, back in the early 80's, I tasted Cheesesteak and white pizza and Frank's Black Cherry Wishniak for the first time. Great stuff, that Wishniak. I've never in my life tasted black cherry soda that tasted as much like black cherries as Wishniak, and I've never tasted any kind of pop that I've liked anywhere near as much. I wish they'd license it to be bottled all over the country. I keep thinking that I should send my cousin $50 to ship me a few cases of 2 liter bottles. B) One of the things I remember about Philly was the traffic -- all of the highway exits led to other highways that led to other highways, that led to other highways, with nowhere to exit, turn around, and get back onto the same highway going in the opposite direction. So, every time I took a wrong turn, it took me 25 minutes to get back to where I had been. Does that make you feel homesick? B) BTW, be careful when you quote others in your replies. Somehow, the word "Wishniak" in my original post turned into "Wishing" in your quote of what I had written. B)