Difficult News about Bruno

Scot

Bruno,Sad to read about your health issues. I don't really know what I can add that has not already been written.I will mention that many years ago you were one of the first, and most memorable to me, person to help me out with a problem from across the pond. You have touched many and hopefully left a lasting impression. You have with me. Thank You,Christopher

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V.T. Eric Layton

• Bruno

• Scot

• Anil

Too many times in life we don't have the opportunity to tell someone how much they mean to us and the effect they have had on our life. Thank you, Bruno, for this opportunity to share with you the huge impact you have had for countless people. God bless you and your family.Corrine

Farewell to my dear friends . . . some last important details:There is a solution for the Offline-Tips: Scot offrered that the forum host will offer all 3 versions of them:1). The Linux version, about 6.7 MB: "Tips_Linux_Explorers.tar.gz"2). The one suited to extract with Windows software, 7,2 MB: "Tips_Linux_Explorers.zip"3). And the "XXS" Version, the special "dailup version" ( 12 convienient small downloads ) where the "basic" package is only 521 kB ! After that one can choose what pics of what Tips they like to add in 11 additional downloads ranging from 94 kB to 1.4 MB )You will be directed to the downloads after sending a PM to one of the Mods or Admins of "Bruno's All Things Linux forum".Non members of the forum will simply have to register first before they will be ablee to send the PM and do the download request.Of course they and everybody else who wants to can access The Tips for Linux Explorers directly on the Internet. ( It will stay hosted on the same super safe FreeBSD and Apache at least the next 5 years to come. ) See Netcraft.comI wish you lots of Linux tweaking joy and fun . . . exploring computers and Linux is great fun be sure to get the most out of it !We will meet again, I am sure we will, maybe on the "other side", where Internet and Email is no longer needed to communicate with each other.:) Bruno

I post here very seldom, but, I read here daily. As others I have read this tread 4 or 5 times in the past week ..... and could find no words to say/type. Thank You Bruno, is just not enough, but I say it anyway. It never entered my mind that you would not be here on the forum to help me as needed. I Hope you get time to read my words.Fear Nothing, Enjoy Everything, and Take What You Want. I Hope You Find Yourself In GOD's Grace.

Bruno-I have not posted anything recently simply because I did not know what to say. i know you are going through a lot. I know- in a way- what you are going through because my Mom went through an emergency brain surgery in 2004. We had no control of the situation, and it happened very quickly, perhaps over the course of four days or so. That was perhaps the darkest part of my life, because i almost lost one of the most important people in my life. I suppose it is not the same, but I do know at least in a way how you are feeling. I did notknow what to say, so i kept my mouth shut.But I was thinking tonight what effect knowing you has made on my life. Being an Electronics Technician in the United States Navy,I am relied upon to work with a repair a wide variety of electronic and computer systems that are installed on ships. Several of those systems utilize a variation of Unix call vxWorks, produced by Wind River Systems. Utilizing the knowledge I have gained over the last 5-6 years, i have been able to diagnose various system failures and faults. Doing so has saved my ship a non-trivial amount of money on at least two occasions. I guess I am saying that your tutoring of us Explorers has had farther reaching effects than you may have realized. Thank you for not only being an inspiration to us all, but also for helping some of us do our jobs better!:)AdamA fellow Linux Explorer

Dear Bruno, I first started asking daft question in March 2006 and if we're honest the questions haven't got much better since then, but to you and all the others who offer support, advise and encouagement with patience and good humour, I am very grateful.In Life Time is the most precious commodity we have, by the time we go to school, get a job, sleep, eat, wait on a bus/train/plane, spend time with friends/relatives or colleagues because it's the 'right' think to do when we'd rather be a million miles away There really isn't much time left for the fun stuff.And yet you must have invested thousands of hours guiding the lost, the confused or the just plain curious on the path to higher ground we all know and love as LinuxYou are indeed the most noble of shepherds! I once read the Native American Indians have a belief that someone only truely dies when there name is no longer spoken renaming this forum is one way I hope will ensure you will always be amongst your flock.I hope the Gods give you, your family and friends all the love, support and comfort necessary for the next stage of your journey, may you all be reunited in the next world.Scott

Merci mon ami pour ton aide and t'a patience et guidance. Tu m'as bien guider en la bonne direction pour utiliser le Linux. Je n'expect pas de reponse, mais je voulais t'envoyer mon appriciation.Thanks old friend, it's been a good smooth ride with your guidance these past few years. I was never a heavy poster, but an avid reader of ATL. And over time, I learned a lot of information on how to tame Linux, thanks to you and your knowledge.

I'm so sorry to hear about this news Bruno ;) . I lost my father to cancer about a month ago, just before Christmas. And now I find out about this :( .I haven't made many posts in the ATL forum but I believe you posted in pretty much all of the threads I did start. You are in my thoughts and prayers, enjoy the time with your family ;) .Dave

I don't know if this is a good place to post this or not, but a place I've gone to from time to time is a Cancer Forum that Patrick Volkerding referred people to. It was started by the doctor that helped him with his illness, though it wasn't cancer related. cancer_logo.gifThis is for Bruno or anyone else that might be fighting cancer themselves or anyone who has friends or family fighting it. And who doesn't know someone who's gone or going through it?I've posted there a few times and still visit every blue moon. It's a great place for support and information.

I have waited a while to post something, hoping that I would find some words, but nothing has come. I never had much contact with Bruno, of course, I don't hang around here much and have only experimented once with Linux. But as you can guess, he was one of the fellows who always answered my questions and built up my confidence. I can only say this, I wish I had gotten to know Bruno better. I am also sorry for the pain that all of you are feeling, those of you who really got to know him.Bruno thanks, I for one, believe in the afterlife, although not in the religious way ... see ya.Acadia

Bruno I hope you read this post but if not I will tell the world that I am sorry to hear and that I have met many people from around the world on the internet and Bulletin Boards before there was a World Wide Web and you will always stand out in front as the most helpfull and Unselfish Friend that I have had in my 73 yrsGOD BLESS YOU MY FRIEND

Bruno,you are the man... u know me, lol. you helped me alot to pass my University's Linux module. i dont want to upset you by telling how messed up all this is etc etc. so i am gona keep it cool. you will always be missed no matter what. nobody's going to take your place but i will play my part to this community.i want to say more but i just dont know how. -metho

• 2 weeks later...

Bruno,Have not been around and have to say I was surprised, shocked and saddened to hear about your situation.I thank you for all your assistance and patience over the years truly a selfless display and a testimony to that is the friendly atmosphere generated in the Linux forums (have never come across any other Linux forum like it.)You will be missed. :'(