Difficult News about Bruno

Scot

Frank Golden

You will be greatly missed Bruno. Thank's to you I've learned a great deal about Linux and computers in general.It's been a great pleasure knowing you.God speed, Bruno

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V.T. Eric Layton

• Bruno

• Scot

• Anil

Bruno,I just want to add another voice to your accomplishments here..I wandered from forum to forum seeking help in Linux and luckily found Scot's ATL ...You have made a host of international friends that you have encouraged and helpedincluding me..Along the way we have developed a fond respect for not only your expert knowledge,but the way you patiently pursued the solution to each individual case..I eagerly read all your posts just to see how you found solutions andit was amazing..Simply Amazing!! Enjoy your time in the warmth of your loving family..From the heart, God Speedjolphil

Oh what a terribly, terribly sad news to start a new year with.I agree wholeheartedly with everything else that has been written so far. I will not repeat it except to mention your extreme patience when we ( I ) couldn't figure out what you were trying to make us accomplish.We are loosing our guru but something from you that will always stay with us is your love for Linux and how much fun it can be to learn it.I will keep sending new explorers to your tips because in your absence it is the best way to start learning Linux. I used to call you my friend like so many other people that you have helped all over the world and I will always remember you as such.Thank you for everything.

Bruno, It was a great privilege to know you and learn from you at ATL (now BATL) !! I can not express my feelings in so many words but I am sure you will understand...You will always remain in our hearts. Wishing you Peace and Force.

BrunoI have been a long-time periodic guest to B-ATL. I ask myself - why would I be interested to always re-visit the forum and read your comments?On reflection, I remember: - reading your now famous quote when you first penned it - still after all these years part of my subconscious. - the countless times you would help a single individual into the wee hours of the night, only to continue the very next day, and the next.- in all those times, constantly being encouraging, never patronizing, not even a word or hint of frustration.On the surface, you are just an individual, from a distant land, helping out with configuring/installing Gnu/Linux. But, if that is all you did, why do I (as well all) feel so sad without never meeting or even talking with you in person?Yes, it is just Gnu/Linux, but what is imprinted within me (and others) is the warmth of community you quietly established. That is why I kept coming back to the forum all these years. As I write this, in my mind I see your wiggly and a bit chubby animated penguin gif, with sunglasses no less. I thank you. The Honor is Mine.Zeek

Edited by zeek

Hello,I can not express enough THANKS for all the help BRUNO has been to me and all who have posted on this forum.I have not found a forum as FRIENDLY and HELPFUL as BRUNO'S ALL THINGS LINUX.(all caps intentional).I dedicated my website to Bruno a few years ago when I first started it.(I am in the process of updating it).I can't count the times I have used this forum, whether posting or just reading, or the times I have used Tips for Linux Explorers.I have tried a few distros, I started with Slackware version 8.0 I think,but I have been a Mandriva user for a while now, thanks Bruno.My prayers are with you Bruno and your family.THANKSjmjlinux586

Sad news indeed. Bruno, I am very sorry that you are having to face this ordeal in your life. I wish you healing and love. Your friends at SFN are pulling for you and despite how grim things might look - there is always hope. Thank you for your contributions. I will say a special prayer for you tonight.

Dearest friends, you warm my heart, I am deeply touched by all the comments made in this thread. This proves that online friends can indeed be real friends.I have news regarding the website Tips for Linux Explorers ( brunolinux.com )I managed to make sure the site will stay online up to at least 2015. So the forum can keep linking to Tips on it and you can keep the bookmark in your browsers ( And you will be able to see the sun-shaded penguin dancing in those many years ahead. :devil: )For the offline-tips download we are still working on a solution but chances are that also there will a solution being offered soon.I am honored by the tributes made in this thread and you can expect my next message in a few days.B) Bruno

I am kinda at a loss for words as well. I don't think I have ever met someone so willing to help others in my life in anything, be it online or not. You really are a special person Bruno one who will be missed by many. If there is anything that can be done to help you I am sure many here will not hesitate. Thank you for all you have done for me.

Good to hear from you Bruno and to know that your tips will be kept for posterity. We will look after them 5 years from now ( unless we are all partying together in a different life form ( or on a higher spiritual level ) by then and will need you teaching us how to do it. I'm sure! )I have your web site bookmarked in all my browsers, in all my distros and I will continue to add it whenever I move from one distro ( or machine ) to a newer one.

Edited by réjean

Bruno ,,,I am deeply saddened by the news of your health. You have been a leader in my journey into the world of Linux .. I can only imagine that there have been several times that you might have wished I would go away ... but you stayed and I learned .. and I thank you beyond words for the time and patience you had with me ...may you have ,, fair winds, and following seas .. in your future ,,, take care my friend

Dear Bruno,You have been my teacher, my friend and - most of all - my inspiration.I thank you for your patience, your humour and your endless skills.My love of Linux is because of you and I'll never forget the hours I've spent enjoying myself and keeping my grey cells active as a result of your guidance.I envy the angels - they are in for a real treat !!!God BlessJan

Bruno My FriendWords escape me for the graditude I feel towards you for the help and advice, that you have given me and every member of the forum. If it had not been for your help and understanding I would not be using linux today. It is my primary OS Thanks to you and your help. You will always be remembered. Thanks again my friend, Until we meet again in another forum somewhere in time.MelM H Bell

Wow! :'( I feel like I have met you even though it wasn't in person. You have got to be the most patient and helpful person I ever met. I was looking to get away from Windows and was a little scared to try Linux. It was you and this forum that gave me that confidence to try it, and the help with my oddball hardware. You would help with the basics and then challenge us along the way to continue to learn. It is because of you that I now consider myself a geek.Every time I do a google search for some difficult problem I'm having, I find some poster that asks about the exact same problem I'm having. That poster will go into great detail about the problem and then shoot themselves in the foot by claiming to be a NB. I almost never see an answer to these posts. Every time I see that, I think of you, your position on the word and how you would help the very people that are instead called explorers. If only they would come to ATL, they would get a response. Maybe we'll find an answer, maybe we won't, but they will not be ignored. I don't know your theological views, but I do know that you have a Christ like heart.This is a huge loss and I can't believe it. Even after my own ordeal, these things are still a shock. I've got all kinds of thoughts going through my head (what's left of it), there's just no way to put them into words. Count me in as one of those that will be praying for you. Feel free to email me at any time.Stay strong, keep your spirits up. I know it's hard.Your friend,

Bruno,I know I haven't been around ATL much the last couple of years but have never forgotten you guys and you in particular. You are truly one of those most giving, helpful people, I have ever met and I am better for having known you. The forums here are very special and ATL even more so. You set the tone for a community of helpful people and I never once saw you say an unkind or discouraging word.Although I am myself an atheist, I can appreciate the basis of much of our Western literature, the Christian Bible. The word used in the King James for patient is longsuffering. I can think of no more fitting word to describe the lengths you were willing to go through to help beginners to Linux. You are one of a kind, Bruno. When you leave this life, and I truly wish and hope still that it won't be soon, you will leave behind a profound and lasting legacy. You have touched many lives and have personally helped more people use Linux than probably any Linux User Group around. I am proud to have known you and humbled by your example. Treasure your well-deserved time with your family. Somehow we will muddle along but it won't be the same.Take care of yourself, my friend.Jason

V.T. Eric Layton

Jason,I hope you get the chance to come by more often. The muddling along would be better with you than without. :)~Eric

Hi Anil . . . No worries, I am sending the PM's in batches, you happened to be in the first one. Sorry.Today is not yet the day I stop replying in this thread . . . . I am planning to do that later this week after I had the chance to say farewell to more of the great friends I have here on the forum.:) Bruno

Cluttermagnet

My Dear Bruno-You were an inspiration to me. I have a very hard time embracing change. It took me so long to get things in motion, even after it became clear that Linux is also my path. Your patience and encouragement helped more than you might know.Peace, Dear Friend. I just hope I can make some contribution of my own, as you did. It is a sure sign of a life well lived. You helped me to stay positive.With Love,Clutter

Bruno..I cannot express how much having you and this forum has meant to me. I can't even begin to articulate how much I appreciate the help and special attention you have given to me over the few years I've been coming to this forum. Even when the forum was offline for a bit, Bruno was still there answering emails helping me with a system I was trying to configure. I'm sure without your help I would not be using Linux on just about every system I use. It doesn't even matter what flavor you like, Bruno still offers unwavering help to assist with the problem.You can reset at ease my friend, you will have left this world a better place. Thank you so much!

Bruno and I are exchanging emails for as long as he feels up to doing it, so I've said to him what was within me and expressed to him that he will live within me for as long as I live.I came to Linux late in my career and it was brunolinux that gave me the knowledge to do what I do now. Without Bruno's personal help and support, I very well might have gone back to using a crippled computer. Bruno not only helped me, he has unknowingly helped thousands more, as his website is a standard link on every desktop we give away.No one who contributes to a community like Bruno did will ever leave us. God Speed Brother.God Speed.

Thanks Ken ( Aka Helios )You people will know Helios, one of my best online friends who not only in a true Linux advocate but also runs a host of special projects for deprived children in Texas: http://www.heliosinitiative.org/blog/ ( Bringing Linux and Computing to those who need it most ) and http://www.heliosinitiative.org/news.php ( Free computers for Austin kids )We did link a good few times link to his blog: http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/ . . . please support and follow this great guy who never gets tired advocating "the good cause".:hysterical: Bruno

V.T. Eric Layton

Helios (Ken), I am indeed looking forward to seeing you around Scot's and Bruno's ATL more often. :hysterical:~Eric

Bruno, not quite sure of what to say, as my post count certainly doesn't reflect when I first started here. I am a lurker, by nature, but sometimes it is very important to speak up.Bruno, and everyone here, for that matter, have always treated all with equal care. As most have said here, I never met you in person, but I would like to think of you as someone who I could rely on, someone who would more than likely stay way up past his bedtime to help out poor saps like me, who invariably "screw up" our linux OS, and for that I say thank you.And to paraphrase as some here have said, "We'll meet again, some day soon".I don't know what your beliefs are, but here is two Bible scriptures that have helped to ease the pain of so manyJesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life... John 11:25,26And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says: “Write, because these words are faithful and true.” Revelation 21:3-5Colin

Bruno, you will be greatly missed and always remembered, be sure of that. Thank you for your eternal patience and the knowledge you were so ready to share with us all. I am sad beyond words. Sleep well my friend.Elizabeth

Edited by ebrke