Show Us Your Real Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

Thats pretty cool you have a lamp hanging upside down :thumbsup:Looks nice. BTW, what is that white "box" with the blue on the front under your clothes and next to your powerstrip?
White box is a pc speaker sat on top of pc number two that connects to the 17" monitor under the green cloth.The lamp came out of a skip. I have low ceilings and the lamp cable goes to a ceiling rose that used to have a lamp socket but with a bulb in it was too low hence the lamp. The ides for having the lamp came to me one day as I saw the light pattern that the lamp shade threw on to the ceiling, a round spot light effect. With the lamp upside down I can direct a spot of light exactly where I wont on the desk with the surrounding space gently lit as the lampshade directs light on to the ceiling which in turn beams downwards.The square switch on the lamp cable is a pedal switch which I also found in a skip, originally meant for a sewing machine. Until a few years ago I used to operate the switch by foot with high kicks alas I am no longer able to do this. When I get around to it I will put a false beam on the ceiling and hide the cables inside it. That's when I get round to it :hysterical:

Guest LilBambi
The promised pic. The LG shine doesn't like low light I guess.091810091200.th.jpgThe monitor was also free. You gotta love that. :hysterical:
Does it look like that all the time? Or did you have to spend 20 hrs getting the area cleaned up for that shot? ;)Might take a while to get mine to look that cleaned up! LOL!

I have a room in my house which was the computer room for ten years. In that time, the only cleaning up I ever did was to either move stuff off of the keyboard or mouse, and to dump the ashtrays into plastic grocery bags which then sat on the floor.This past week, SuziQ has emptied it to the point where it's actually a beautiful little room again! Over 20 bags of crap went out to the curb. The carpet looks particularly nice, since no part of it has seen the light of day in years and years.Way to go, Ms Q!

Not even close, Eric. Not only was the crap piled up WAY higher than the monitor, but the "path" to the chair was just an area where there was less crap. The nicotine marks on the wall stop about halfway down from the ceiling because the lower part of the wall was protected by all of the crap. It was a sight to see. Now the room is actually pretty!

Closer, but still a long way off. The stuff was piled up and jammed right up to the walls. There's way too much open space in that photo. I really should have taken some pix...

• 3 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Here are some new shots of my real desktop and other stuff:Eric Command Centralhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/vte...cs/DSC01049.jpgDesktop (ericsbane03) and Laptop (ericslappy01)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/vte...cs/DSC01048.jpgLaptophttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/vte...cs/DSC01051.jpgMe and the Penguinshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/vte...cs/DSC01063.jpgAnd the infamous (nearly legendary) Eric Linux Notebookhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/vte...cs/DSC01059.jpg*The board is not letting me create thumbnails using BBCode for some reason or another and I'm too lazy to figure it out. Just click on the links. :teehee:

V.T. Eric Layton

Funny. I thought I looked a bit chubby in that pic. I'm at 206 lbs. I do need to lose another 15 or so, I believe. :teehee:

securitybreach
Wow someone who can write and keeps a journal :wacko: B)
Yeah I need to learn to do that. I just make various text documents using vim and do not organize them very well :wacko: ;)

I don't keep a notebook per se.I jot down notes on any handy scrap of paper and then jam them in a folder.When I need one I know what the paper feels like, scrap of paper, an old receipt, a used envelope, the back of the water bill, whatever, and can usually find it in the pile fairly quickly.This is a great system, I highly recommend. Every time I go thru it I find something I didn't know I had. Like a treasure hunt.

Edited by amenditman

I don't write any notes as tech changes so fast an it is awfully difficult translating tech speak into runic hieroglyphs and chiselling em into stone is really hard work. :wacko:

• 2 months later...
securitybreach

I bought a new stand for my 3 monitors and I also wanted to show off my Android Tablet as well. I had to modify the stand because it made the monitors too close to my eyes. Anyway, here is my main desk, which is one of three :(585694115970009.jpg 104a83115970086.jpg

• 11 months later...