Name that Avatar, in three words or less

Guest LilBambi

... Bennies Go Home! LOL!  ;)
Hey...! Should my feelings be hurt, here? ;) Anyway, you "guys" might like the helpful little thingamajig for quick searches I posted here:Search HelperIf you decide to try it... here are a couple of "pieces" that I use for the dictionary search option.{http://www.onelook.com/?w=} -- {&ls=a}(It will be clear what to do with those pieces if you download the "helper") :lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teacher

• Jeber

• GolfProRM

• havnblast

Guest ComputerBob
Anyway, you "guys" might like the helpful little thingamajig for quick searches I posted here:Search Helper
Ben,That tool looks like it might be a great little add-on! ;)

Well you "guys"Face it. We have just all dated ourselves. We have shown we grew up back in the 60s (give or take a decade or two) when guys could mean all of "mankind". I think we would have to be younger to take offense. Actually, as I read the last few posts ComputerBob (Why do I always want to type ComputerBop?) I had to go back through all the posts twice to make sure I was not the one that started using "guys". Or was I?Thanks one and all for keeping me entertained. Inform - I agree with LilBambi. I figured it had come from clipart somewhere since it looked so professional. Nice to have an artist in the family, isn't it? As you can see by my avatar of the week, it isn't me in my family!

Guest ComputerBob
I think we would have to be younger to take offense.
In the words of a popular song a few years ago, "Isn't it ironic?" that many young people would be offended by the harmless term "guys," but many would not be offended when their generation refers to women as b****** and h***? (I wasn't censored -- I added the stars myself)

havnblast

CBOh man can I relate to wanting to post "guys" in messages, but I catch myself before I do so I don't offend the ladies of SNFL. I see the word "guys"as a term that includes everyone also.

Guest ComputerBob
CBOh man can I relate to wanting to post "guys" in messages, but I catch myself before I do so I don't offend the ladies of SNFL.  I see the word "guys"as a term that includes everyone also.
Now that I've thought about it some more, I realize that, the first several times that I stopped myself from using the word "guys," it was because I didn't want to offend Fran (LilBambi) - Julia, I don't think you were here yet at that time. Anyway, now it turns out that Fran uses the word "guys" the same way I kept myself from using it! <_< ;) B)

Horrors.... Do we all march to the same drummer? All of us think of "guys" as a generic term?

Guest LilBambi

Temmu --Ah, that would be ya'll down here in da land of cotton ;)Unless of course you are not from down south but from central PA, then you say, you'ins. :unsure:

Temmu --Ah, that would be ya'll down here in da land of cotton ;)Unless of course you are not from down south but from central PA, then you say, you'insB)
There are a couple of pockets in Missouri where there is a possessive plural: your alls. It took many years to remove this one from my vocabulary. :D Usage: Is that your alls truck parked in the alley behind the house? Where are your alls kids today?

BoardFlak

My Avatar: Chess Knight (guess what game I like?)I didn't see where anyone ever actually said what Stryder's avatar was from the first pages. It's the logo of the Indiana Pacers basketcase, er, basketball team.

Hey teacher I think your art is great. Thanks my wife's passion certainly brings us joy and fosters a creative atmosphere in the house. She has taught me that anything we create is wondeful. I look forward to next weeks avatar. Christopher B)

Temmu -- Unless of course you are not from down south but from central PA, then you say, you'insB)
Well, I know in Western PA, it comes out more like YUNZ , as in HEY YUNZ GUYS!!! , which you would, of course, yell to a group of guys AND girls, too. in Western PA, that is. ;) Maybe that's only in SOUTH western PA.

brucekrymow

Hi, Hadituptohere ~That is a photo of an F/A-18C Hornet jet fighter taken by Ensign John Gay on July 7, 1999 when the jet flew by the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier Constellation at about 750 miles per hour at only 75 feet above the Pacific Ocean.The picture shows a vapor cloud as the result of moisture condensing in the conically shaped wave trough just behind the shock wave. This cone is caused by the sound source - the jet - traveling faster than the sound waves that are produced by it can travel.You may click here for cool glimpse of a similar experience in filmed action. tomcat.gif

brucekrymow

Hi, Hadituptohere ~icon_painter.gif Since your avatar was distorted because it was squeezing 178x128 into a 128x128 area, I took a quality 800x600, resized/resampled it to 128x96 to maintain proportion and then added a 128x128 transparency to it so it will fill out the designated area fully w/o distortion.Just right-click this image, 'Save Picture As...' to your computer, then go to your user control panel and upload it to the forum here.                                                        FA-18C-Hornet.gif

My avatar is our trusty dog, Sattie, which is her nickname. If anyone can guess her full name, I'll have to change my password. ;) I picked her for starters, 'cause she's still a bit peeved over the introduction of our daughter into the family: just over 2 years ago. Since she's 7, she never feels she gets enough of our attention or energy (like she did before), so I thought this is a good way to put a lot of that out to her. She's also refered to as the "first child" or the "black kid". Very intelligent animal. too much so.She's 1/8th wolf, Black Shepard, German Shepard, and some mix from the father who was found and no one really knows what he was. rest in peace, Rocko. Please , no one tell me she's a Labrador.Parents and Pet owners, we can go on and on about our "kids" for hours. Show you hundreds of pictures and never think you could even get bored!! ;)

brucekrymow, I just gotta know.

That is a photo of an F/A-18C Hornet jet fighter taken by Ensign John Gay on July 7, 1999
Do you keep facts like that in your head all the time? I'll bet it was just a good guess. ;)

brucekrymow
brucekrymow, I just gotta know.  Do you keep facts like that in your head all the time?  I'll bet it was just a good guess.  ;)
Well, you would probably be calling me a liar if I told you I was an aviation ordnance tech topside on that boat as a Chief Warrant Officer. titanic.gifBTW - just think of the grief John got w/ his name in between liberties! gaypride.gif

Well, you would probably be calling me a liar if I told you I was an aviation ordnance tech topside on that boat as a Chief Warrant Officer.
Now why would I do that? However, being ex-Army myself, I have to admit I don't know what the heck an aviation ordance tech does. But then, care to figure out "non-communications intercept analyst. crypto"? Yeah, I never could either, and I worked in that MOS for a number of years. :huh:

I stumbled on this water cooler topic a few days back & have gotten quite a kick out of it. You've even inspired me to create my own avatar!I visit the forums often - my husband thinks I've joined Geeks-R-Us.Explanation in 3 words or less: Long ago and

Cluttermagnet
Hi, Hadituptohere ~That is a photo of an F/A-18C Hornet jet fighter taken by Ensign John Gay on July 7, 1999 when the jet flew by the U.S. Navy aircraft carrier Constellation at about 750 miles per hour at only 75 feet above the Pacific Ocean.The picture shows a vapor cloud as the result of moisture condensing in the conically shaped wave trough just behind the shock wave. This cone is caused by the sound source - the jet - traveling faster than the sound waves that are produced by it can travel.You may click here for cool glimpse of a similar experience in filmed action. tomcat.gif
Aw, gee-I thought it was the starship USS Enterprise streaking out of a wormhole through hyperspace just before the hole collapses, flinging little cut up bits of alien spaceship all over the set and costing the production company thousands in overtime cleanup costs. Like the Rockman said in "The Point", "...you see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear..." Waal, now that you mention it, it does look a lot like an F-18...It's actually an amazingly cool photo, isn't it? Sort of like those stop-motion photos of supersonic bullets caught in midflight. Impressive!

Guest LilBambi
Stryder: I just saw your new Indiana flag avatar in another forum. I like it. Where did you find it?
BoardFlak --Good question. I asked Stryder that question too when he was using that cool flag awhile back ... I was glad to see he went back to it .. it's a really cool avatar ;)Our conversation about this begins on the first page of this Topic thread. (I posted a link to where I found one like Stryders cool flag on that page too.)