Name that Avatar, in three words or less

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi
lilbambi, I knew it wasn't so, but up until now your avy looked to me like a little brown rodent hugging a little white rodent in front of him and doing the nasty. I knew that couldn't be it, but that is all I could see (& think of) on my 15 in monitor. Sorry, but LOL!I guess my avy means I'm lurking...but at this point means nothing other than a cool looking avy.
OK, now I know I really need a new avatar! I think I will go find one today!You guys are great fun! I love it! One will never know what folks will come up with and it is so much fun to see where it will go next :D Thank you all ... you have helped me decide for sure that I need a new avatar now :D

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teacher

• Jeber

• GolfProRM

• havnblast

teacher --That's a beautiful picture ... and from your garden, very nice! You must have a very nice digital camera too.  B)
Thanks for the compliment. The camera is one step away from the garbage heap. Of course that would have nothing to do with dropping it at least a dozen times over the years. :D That is called the power of PhotoShop. I love playing with that kind of thing. Good luck on trying to find a way to up your size from the original. I never can find what I want when I need it althought the best thing I ever did was to create a floppies folder and drop every floppy disk file from 20 years that was still readable onto it and organize it by programs. ;) Guess my neat freak habits started catching up with my computer.

Guest LilBambi

teacher --Well then, all I can say is that you must be pretty good in Photoshop then ;)Regarding my avy ... actually the original picture was about 3 times larger and had part of a girl's face in the picture...so if I can find it, I should be able to make a larger one ... I just hope I actually kept the original :D If not, I have a ton of other things to choose from ... starting with koalas B)

Ok… Now I get to chime in on this thread (yeah I know I’m a bit late)…I have a bunch of home-made avatars. Basically each avatar that I make is just an expression of my attitude on life at the time of its creation.My current one is a combination of my blue “Styled A†avatar and a glowing ring which symbolizes: imagination, unity, and completeness.For those who do not know me personally, I focus a lot on meditation (thus the symbolism).

Guest ComputerBob
it's ben, lord high priest of networking, LLCperveyor of star wars memorabiliaperformer of the-force magic tricksetc.
Yowza! His name tag must be HUGE! :huh:

Guest LilBambi

I just love all the avatars ... they add such diversity to a message forum ... you just never know what you will see next. :( I am thoroughly enjoying hearing about how folks chose theirs.

it's neat that Scot gave us the flexibility to upload and use avatars of our own. I've seen a bunch of message boards that either have no avatar, or give you a short list that you have to use. having them at 128x128 (larger than most) is nice too... :(

Guest LilBambi
it's neat that Scot gave us the flexibility to upload and use avatars of our own.  I've seen a bunch of message boards that either have no avatar, or give you a short list that you have to use.  having them at 128x128 (larger than most) is nice too...  ^_^
Yes, it is nice that Scot allows them since they really add to a forum community.I have been to many that don't as well..or have short lists, or keep the size very small ... not as much fun. :unsure:

This is the guy who, when I was 17 years old, I swore I would never become. Like Mark Twain said (approximately): "When I left home at 18, my father didn't know much... when I came back three years later, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned."

Guest ComputerBob

LilBambi,Your new avatar reminded me of the world's most powerful (and insane) koala bear, so I did a search and found a couple photos of him. Unfortunately, they're both close-ups, so you can't see his little pot belly, and of course, he's clean-shaven, to try to blend in with human beings, but you can still tell that he's a koala bear:http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2003-01...over-usat_x.htm

Ooohhh, now I can't decide, Kim or Jerry for my avatar? Am I a big enough idiot to really want new members to think that's what I look like. I mean, and this is NOT a political observation, how could anyone take someone that looks like this (and could easily afford not to) seriously. This guy makes Sam Donaldson look natural. :lol:

Anybody see my batmobile yet? Don't ya just hate it when you park your vehicle and you forget where you parked it at. I bet Robin has it and is cruisin main street again :lol:

Guest LilBambi

Jeber --All I can say is you must have chosen one of Jerry Rubin's wilder photos! Although, he always looked abit wired ...ComputerBob --If you are trying to get me to change my avatar again, it ain't a' gonna work ... I really like this koala picture :D

Guest ComputerBob
If you are trying to get me to change my avatar again, it ain't a' gonna work ... I really like this koala picture :blink:
Quite the opposite. I really enjoy your avatar, ESPECIALLY since (to me, at least) I get a kick out of imagining that it's that crazy little guy I linked to above. :rolleyes:

Ooooooo !Brilliant, I don't see any AVATARS !I use Galeon for browsing in Linux, the avatars don't show themselves. Gives the site a clean look !Yesterday, as an experiment, I used Phoenix to browse to Scot's Newsletter Forum, jumped up from my chair, AVATARS !, there they were.I won't use Phoenix again, ever ! :rolleyes: Bruno

Guest LilBambi

I bet there is a way to turn off showing images in Phoenix so it does like Galeon .... I really like Galeon best in Linux of all browsers ... fonts are much smoother in Galeon than any other browser in Linux at least from what I've seen.

Lil,I do see all other images, it's just the avatars that don't show, :rolleyes: ssssst ! don't tell anyone, they might change the code . . . Bruno

Guest LilBambi
Lil,I do see all other images, it's just the avatars that don't show,  :blink:  ssssst ! don't tell anyone, they might change the code . . . Bruno
Bruno --You got it - mums the word :rolleyes:

Just a point of information... You can go to My Controls> Options> Board Settings and enable/disable avatars, sigs, smilies, etc. if you want. That way you don't have to fuss about which browser you're using. :rolleyes:

I decided to not risk scaring newer members with Jerry's mug any longer, and go with a more trustworthy visage. Now I can sneak up on them and when they least expect it... :rolleyes:

Guest LilBambi
I decided to not risk scaring newer members with Jerry's mug any longer, and go with a more trustworthy visage.  Now I can sneak up on them and when they least expect it... :rolleyes:
Jeber --Cool one! B)Paracelsus --Good to see ya! Missed ya! :( Edited by LilBambi

Well i have done a lot of raking (in the yard that is) of dirt & grass & leaves etc. & it seemed to be a bit differentBy the way,i have visited many forums & places on the internet,but this place is the most pleasant i have beenI always consider this forum my first stop when i sign onThank you for allowing me to be part of your community!