***HAPPY BIRTHDAY***

Guest Paracelsus

Thank you all. Caught up with some old friends and ate too much sweet cake. It was a pleasant day except for the cricket being crazy due to the weather in Manchester, but that was very late in the evening due to us being 10 hours ahead of UK.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know I missed someone's birthday on the day the site was down. Finally the birthday's appeared.

Happy Birthday Eric!

050d041320440616.jpg

Edited by zlim
replaced cake
  • Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

I had a wonderful day. I'm leaving in a few minutes to go out to some friends' house and have a little celebration... food, booze, fun&games, wallow around in pool like fat manatees. YAY!

• Like 2

First of all, I want to thank the gazillion of you for the birthday wishes, well maybe not a gazillion but many.  Only problem: It is not my birthday!  Thanks anyways,

Acadia

securitybreach
31 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I had a wonderful day. I'm leaving in a few minutes to go out to some friends' house and have a little celebration... food, booze, fun&games, wallow around in pool like fat manatees. YAY!

Sounds like a good time. Enjoy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Today's Birthdays

longgone
(74 years old)

Sadly, we haven't seen Dale around here since

• Last visited

I'm afraid that he may actually really be "long gone". Dale was a good guy. Miss him.

Happy Birthday, Dale... wherever you are!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

HELP!!

Can't any Admin or Mod view all of the garbage (well, maybe not garbage) that I am still receiving?

If the only way to end this would to be to kill my membership then DO IT, I am willing.  But I would really hate to do that.  I don't chime in much but I do linger at times.  Cleaning out my Inbox is starting to get maddening. 

Acadia

V.T. Eric Layton
48 minutes ago, Acadia said:

HELP!!

Can't any Admin or Mod view all of the garbage (well, maybe not garbage) that I am still receiving?

If the only way to end this would to be to kill my membership then DO IT, I am willing.  But I would really hate to do that.  I don't chime in much but I do linger at times.  Cleaning out my Inbox is starting to get maddening. 

Acadia

I will check settings in your Profile, Bill, and see if I can get it to stop. It's 1825hrs EDT. It'll take a few minutes for me to get in there and look around. If you're still having the issue tomorrow, let me know.

securitybreach
8 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Today's Birthdays

longgone
(74 years old)

Sadly, we haven't seen Dale around here since

• Last visited

I'm afraid that he may actually really be "long gone". Dale was a good guy. Miss him.

Happy Birthday, Dale... wherever you are!

Yeah, I had many great conversations with Dale over the years. Great guy :)

• Like 1

securitybreach

Jeez Acadia, sorry that all the new notifications are bothering you. We are trying to get all that sorted on the new forum software. Please be patient. We will get it resolved.

V.T. Eric Layton
1 hour ago, Acadia said:

HELP!!

OK, Bill... You had ALL your email and board notifications turned ON. I turned them ALL OFF now.

When you go to your account settings and click on Notifications, you'll see this:

g0Ea5rm.png

But you need to scroll down to see ALL of the Notifications settings:

aKEk2g3.png

Don't worry. I made the same mistake twice before I realized there were more settings when you scroll down. You should be good now. If you'd like you can set your notifications on your own now that you see how it's done. There are two kinds of notifications:

• Notifications - the board puts a red number on the little bell at the upper right of the page

and

• Email Notifications - notifications sent directly to you via your email on file with the board.

I'm going to try to COPY this reply to you over on the Feedback Thread that we have going so others will see how to do this, also.

Have a great week, my friend!

~Eric

• Like 3

Thanks, Eric.  Of course I had never turned any of the notifications on.  Also, I only received posts from the Birthday Forum, none of the others, strange.  But as long as I don't get any more, excellent.  Thanks a bunch Eric.

• Like 1