Firebird Crash?

Rod

You know that old saying, "If it ain't broke....", well,I was updating my Flash Player plugin...the delete part went fine. Than I installed the new FlashPlayer7 and since than I can't launch the browser. All I get is the following ALERT message:"Error Launching Browser Window: No XBL Binding for Browser"This is the only windows that opens and you click OK and that's all you get.Any body have a clue what needs to be done.I have removed all flash .DLL's and Flashplayer.xpt files both old and new. I was working fine with the 6.x version.Help pleaseRod >_<

Darn.....That's pretty drastic but I guess that's one of the good things about Mozilla Firebird is the way it's setup...basicly only one directory, huh?I'll give it a try....Thanks

Yeah... everything in the MozillaFirebird (or Firebird) folder... Real easy to reinstall... all your settings (bookmarks and such) are kept in your profile (in a different area). :huh:

Okay....I'll give it a shot....should be interesting.Can you say folks get this type of error often using Firebird? In other words does FB crash often?What are your thoughts on using the NEW upgraded Macromedia 7 that just came out 09/09/03?Rod

I have yet to upgrade to flash 7, and don't know many who have yet, so I can't say if this problem is common or not... Firebird shouldn't crash often... Although what you'll find is either people have absolutely no trouble with it (me included) or people that can't get it to work well to save their lives... It'll either be rock solid, or weak as Jello... Hopefully yours will be rock solid. :huh:

GlofProRM....WHEW!!!! Finally I got it done. Like you said just delete the Firebird/MozillaFirebird folder and all should be well. It worked , kind of, but I think it was more "cockpit trouble, than any thing. In any case I'm now running Shockwave Flash 7.0 r14 and it seems to be working OK.I hate not knowing what exactly cause the crash Alert error message but I'm back and I guess that's all that matter at the moment. I'm gonna try the same thing on my laptop and see hwta happens there.Thanks for you advise and or help.....RodP.S.It is REAL easy to reinstall and that's another PLUS for using this alternative browser!!!!! :)