Curiosity and Frustration getting the better of me...

kamicota

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• Bruno

• striker

• securitybreach

Yep BrunoThat seems to show only the 4600+ becxause in documents on the 4600+ there is one doc and none in the QuadSo for now am a little :thumbsup: understanding itCheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

BrunoWhat would happen IF--->>>I mount all XP Partitions including the USB hard dive on the Quad (jupiter) - would they show up on the 4600 ??? in Konqueror ftp etcCheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

Colin . . . with the FTP only the /home directory is available . . . . so only if you make a special directory in /home on the Quad and move stuff you want to copy over ( temporary ) to the 4600+ over to that directory, it will be available to you.B) Bruno

Thanks BrunoSeems like this is all that may be needed for now as we can copy 460 to Quad and Quad to 4600 And in each system can put in Windows tooCheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

BrunoExperimented and found that a FOLDER had to be created in home/kamicota on the Quad for it to copy it and it's contents into the 4600Could not copy the same named folder if put in Home/kamicota/downloads in the QuadBut at least the copy/move is working in both directions without the 4600+ being set up with ftp etcBut if it is necessary please let me knowCheersfor YearsColin

Right you are Colin, with the ftp-server configured on the Quad you can move files to and from the 4600+ So it's not really needed to have an ftp-server on both the Quad and the 4500+;) Bruno

Thanks BrunoThought I had been missing something here so :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: again for all the helpA little "ryder"--->>>May put MDV 2009.1 KDE on the HP netbook in place of Gnome as it seems as after working on Documents etc for an hour or so more the connection to the internet is lostBut will persevere a little longer Cheers for YearsColin :thumbsup: