autoplay CD's

Gus K

When popping in an audio CD, it won't start playing automatically. I always get XP's pop up. My default player (QCD) is highlighted, the 'always do the selected action' box is ticked, but it doesn't seem to stick.ThanksXP pro, sp1

Hi, Gus ~If you are sure you are configuring the settings properly on the Autoplay tab in the properties by right-clicking the CD drive, then you can apply the reg fix by manually entering or copy/paste into notepad, save as '.reg' and run:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom]"AutoRun"=dword:0000001[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]"allocatecdroms"="0"[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091I would also recommend you open up 'Services' in the management console, scroll down to 'Shell Hardware Detection' and verify this service is on 'Started' and set to 'Automatic'.In the unlikely event that any of the above should fail you, you may resort to this JSI AutoFix.

Hey Bruce,

properly on the Autoplay tab in the properties by right-clicking the CD drive,
Oh Oh. I was everywhere but there, Set Program Access and file associations. Saving your info, just in case.All good now, Thanks.