Making My Own Kclock (SuperKaramba) Themes

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

For a long while now, I've been pretty tired of the same 'ol available Kclock themes:66205-2.jpgSo, tonight I decided to try to make some for myself. With GIMP and a little imagination, I was able to make four new themes. Here they are:my_clocks.pngIt was actually a lot easier to make these than I thought it would be. FUN! :teehee:

I doubt there's enough interest in a How-To for this . . .
What ? Sure we want to see an how-to Eric !!;) Bruno

V.T. Eric Layton

It'll be text only, unfortunately. Nothing fancy, really. I just need to explain how I found or created the clock images using The GIMP and how I modified the existing code to another Kclock theme to make it work with the new image. It wasn't that complicated. You can make any kind of SuperKaramba theme, by the way... not just the clock. In my screenshot of my latest desktop, you can see my profile on the top right and my script name in the bottom left. Those are also SuperKaramba themes that I made.I'll try to whip something up in a few days. :)Toodles...

Karamba ! That's why it's called SuperKaramba! Yep, take your time Eric, it'll be ready when it's ready but know there are people out there interested in this one. There are many lurkers on the forums, people just starting with linux and there probably will get some more in the near future (not everybody can buy windows 7 with these economics), so you'll never know...

For a long while now, I've been pretty tired of the same 'ol available Kclock themes:66205-2.jpgSo, tonight I decided to try to make some for myself. With GIMP and a little imagination, I was able to make four new themes. Here they are:my_clocks.pngIt was actually a lot easier to make these than I thought it would be. FUN! :hysterical:
I take it that you are a fan of analog clocks? My preference swings in the opposite direction. I like to read the precise digits of time. Analog clocks sometimes require interpolation to determine accurate time. :hysterical:

I take it that you are a fan of analog clocks? My preference swings in the opposite direction. I like to read the precise digits of time. Analog clocks sometimes require interpolation to determine accurate time.
I am an analog clock fan too . . . . sure it is maybe less accurate** but you can see/read the time faster ( and I don't need my reading-glasses to see what time it is ):hysterical: Bruno** About accurate: who needs the 100% exact time anyway ? 30 seconds more or less, who cares ?

There is nothing wrong with a text explanation. I will take any help, I don't require pictures. :hysterical: Of course, when I'm done, I want a nice picture.

The actual time spoken out loud and clear, that would be the thing! Maybe accompanied by a nice gadget displaying the analog and digital time. Just dreamin' along. :hysterical:

The actual time spoken out loud and clear, that would be the thing! Maybe accompanied by a nice gadget displaying the analog and digital time. Just dreamin' along. :hysterical:
That's available, but you'll have to search for it. I tried that once, and for a short time, it was a novelty to hear the time spoken. But it got old real quick, and distracted me from what I was doing.Cheers!

I am an analog clock fan too . . . . sure it is maybe less accurate** but you can see/read the time faster ( and I don't need my reading-glasses to see what time it is ):hysterical: Bruno** About accurate: who needs the 100% exact time anyway ? 30 seconds more or less, who cares ?
Yep, I know what you mean about reading-glasses. However, you can always make the digital digits a little larger, and add a more contrasting configuration! I usually use red, or green, or yellow, with a black background. :hysterical:

V.T. Eric Layton
Analog clocks sometimes require interpolation to determine accurate time. ;)
I'm over 45 years of age. Accurate time is not that important to me anymore. What's a few seconds/minutes on either side of the accurate time when I'm rushing headlong to death? ;)Seriously though, the accurate time displays in my panel also. time_panel.png

Heck, I even don't have a wristwatch. The last one stopped working eight years ago so it was dumped into the garbage can. Clocks in the house? Yep, my wife is the timekeeper. She calls for dinner and I know 'it must be six o'clock'. No need for a clock here either. Sometimes late she calls to come to bed, but AHA, that's often the moment I remember there's a clock somewhere around on the screen, so I look at that thing and yell back to her: Ain't no one o'clock yet honey! That really ticks her off! ;)

Heck, I even don't have a wristwatch. The last one stopped working eight years ago so it was dumped into the garbage can. Clocks in the house? Yep, my wife is the timekeeper. She calls for dinner and I know 'it must be six o'clock'. No need for a clock here either. Sometimes late she calls to come to bed, but AHA, that's often the moment I remember there's a clock somewhere around on the screen, so I look at that thing and yell back to her: Ain't no one o'clock yet honey! That really ticks her off! ;)
You men can be pretty good at ticking us women off. B)

I'm over 45 years of age. Accurate time is not that important to me anymore. What's a few seconds/minutes on either side of the accurate time when I'm rushing headlong to death? ;)Seriously though, the accurate time displays in my panel also. time_panel.png
You're still young enough not to worry about it. Wait 'till you reach my age, then start worrying about it.