Generic SIM card reader under Linux?

Grogerf

Hallo Folks :thumbsup: Has anyone been able to use one of the generic USB SIM card readers under Linux? They are available for a few dollars from various sources on the net, but they all seem to state that they're only for Windows :thumbsup: I want to use one to download and save the information on my GSM phone SIM card.The cost is so low I'm happy to buy one to try out, but it would be useful to know if someone has succeeded in using one of these devices under Linux.Roger.

No personal experience, sorry, but here's how it goes (in Ubuntu):http://www.barrydegraaff.tk/index.php?page...ader/index.html

This tutorial shows you how to install a Towitoko Chipdrive Micro USB on Ubuntu Linux.But it will probably also work for any chip card reader that is pcsc compliant or any reader that has a driver in the repository.
So... either it works... or it doesn't. :thumbsup:

If you can connect your phone to your computer via USB, you may not need one. My nokia has a USB connection for music and photos etc. Using an app called Wammu I can download all my contacts to a text file.

I have a USB SIM card reader and it came with a software for windows. It works well in 'xp but I have not been able to use SIM card reader in Linux so far. <_<

Edited by Anil

No personal experience, sorry, but here's how it goes (in Ubuntu):http://www.barrydegraaff.tk/index.php?page...ader/index.htmlSo... either it works... or it doesn't. <_<
Hallo Urmas :D Thanks for your reply B) The Towitoko Chipdrive Micro is a little expensive for casual use, but I note that Barry de Graaff mentions that he noticed several Linux compatible devices on E Bay. They must have disappeared when I looked - maybe I should give it a week or so and have another look.Thanks again :thumbsup: Roger

Hmmmm . . . Barry de Graaff . . . he's Dutch . . . <_< :D Bruno
Hallo Bruno,Would Barry be a close relative of Van - famous for his machine which made lightning like discharges in the High School Physics lab :thumbsup: Seems like a family of great ingenuity! (Come to think of it that famous machine of Van de Graaf is now probably locked away in some dusty store room under someone's ideas of what's safe & what's not B) )Roger

If you can connect your phone to your computer via USB, you may not need one. My nokia has a USB connection for music and photos etc. Using an app called Wammu I can download all my contacts to a text file.
Hallo Sunrat :D It's raining in Murray-land <_< B) We NEED the rain.Thanks for a great suggestion, my phone is a Nokia and does have a USB connection :thumbsup: I'll download Wammu and give it a whirl :) Roger

I have a USB SIM card reader and it came with a software for windows. It works well in 'xp but I have not been able to use SIM card reader in Linux so far. :thumbsup:
Hallo Anil :D Thanks for your reply <_< I'll give Wammu a try first of all - if it works for me it will be the best/cheapest solution - no additional hardware to get lost/clutter the place :) Next I'll look for devices that claim to work on Linux and go from there. I note that the Towitoko Chipdrive Micro devices referred to in the link do have Linux drivers available from the manufacturer - problem is that those particular devices are aimed at professional use and are built and cost accordingly :( If I find something that works I'll post the details B) Roger

• 1 year later...
Barry de Graaff

Hello,Thanks for the compliments, the chip card reader support in Linux fluctuates a lot. So after an update devices may loose functionality or stop working at all. Currently the Towitoko driver is broken.if you look on ebay look for SCR331 it has a closed source driver, but it works.You can also try another SCM card reader, for more info please read here:http://www.barrydegraaff.tk/index.php?page...Still%20LookingIf you need help, just contact me herehttp://www.barrydegraaff.tk/index.php?page...nt/contact.htmlGetting your reader to work is improving Linux!Barry de Graaff

Welcome to Scot's, Barry! And thanks for prodding me to check once again to see if I could connect my phone to Linux. Unfortunately mine is a Samsung Code i220 running CDMA under my MetroPCS contract. It doesn't use a SIM card. Synaptic turned up BitPim, but that didn't have my my phone in the database and "other CDMA phone" didn't find it.Oh well; I'll figure it out sooner or later. Good to have you here though - a fresh voice in the mix is ALWAYS welcome!

Barry de Graaff

Hello ChipDoc,I dont know for sure but I don't think the CMDA standard covers getting telephone numbers from your phone. Or are you trying to do something else?I assume you are connecting your phone via USB if so, please send the output oflsusb -vvThen I can have a look.Best regards,Barry

I dont know for sure but I don't think the CMDA standard covers getting telephone numbers from your phone. Or are you trying to do something else?
I was actually trying to get the ringtones off of it, but the computer doesn't seem to recognize the phone at all.
I assume you are connecting your phone via USB if so, please send the output oflsusb -vvThen I can have a look.
Thanks, Barry. I'm pretty unfamiliar with this stuff, but I'm learning pretty quickly. I appreciate any help I can get!
Device Descriptor:  bLength                18  bDescriptorType         1  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)  bDeviceSubClass         0   bDeviceProtocol         0   bMaxPacketSize0        64  idVendor           0x0bda Realtek Semiconductor Corp.  idProduct          0x0158 USB 2.0 multicard reader  bcdDevice           58.87  iManufacturer           1   iProduct                2   iSerial                 3   bNumConfigurations      1  Configuration Descriptor:    bLength                 9    bDescriptorType         2    wTotalLength           32    bNumInterfaces          1    bConfigurationValue     1    iConfiguration          4     bmAttributes         0xa0      (Bus Powered)      Remote Wakeup    MaxPower              500mA    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        0      bAlternateSetting       0      bNumEndpoints           2      bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage      bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI      bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk (Zip)      iInterface              5       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT        bmAttributes            2          Transfer Type            Bulk          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes        bInterval               0      Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN        bmAttributes            2          Transfer Type            Bulk          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes        bInterval               0can't get device qualifier: Operation not permittedcan't get debug descriptor: Operation not permittedcannot read device status, Operation not permitted (1)Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04f2:b070 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd Device Descriptor:  bLength                18  bDescriptorType         1  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device  bDeviceSubClass         2 ?  bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association  bMaxPacketSize0        64  idVendor           0x04f2 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd  idProduct          0xb070   bcdDevice            8.33  iManufacturer           2   iProduct                1   iSerial                 3   bNumConfigurations      1  Configuration Descriptor:    bLength                 9    bDescriptorType         2    wTotalLength          523    bNumInterfaces          2    bConfigurationValue     1    iConfiguration          0     bmAttributes         0x80      (Bus Powered)    MaxPower               98mA    Interface Association:      bLength                 8      bDescriptorType        11      bFirstInterface         0      bInterfaceCount         2      bFunctionClass         14 Video      bFunctionSubClass       3 Video Interface Collection      bFunctionProtocol       0       iFunction               5     Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        0      bAlternateSetting       0      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Video Control      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              5       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                13        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)        bcdUVC               1.00        wTotalLength          103        dwClockFrequency       15.000000MHz        bInCollection           1        baInterfaceNr( 0)       1      VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                 9        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      3 (OUTPUT_TERMINAL)        bTerminalID             2        wTerminalType      0x0101 USB Streaming        bAssocTerminal          0        bSourceID               5        iTerminal               0       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                26        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      6 (EXTENSION_UNIT)        bUnitID                 4        guidExtensionCode         {7033f028-1163-2e4a-ba2c-6890eb334016}        bNumControl             8        bNrPins                 1        baSourceID( 0)          3        bControlSize            1        bmControls( 0)       0x0f        iExtension              0       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                26        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      6 (EXTENSION_UNIT)        bUnitID                 5        guidExtensionCode         {3fae1228-d7bc-114e-a357-6f1edef7d61d}        bNumControl             8        bNrPins                 1        baSourceID( 0)          4        bControlSize            1        bmControls( 0)       0xff        iExtension              0       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                18        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)        bTerminalID             1        wTerminalType      0x0201 Camera Sensor        bAssocTerminal          0        iTerminal               0         wObjectiveFocalLengthMin      0        wObjectiveFocalLengthMax      0        wOcularFocalLength            0        bControlSize                  3        bmControls           0x00000000      VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                11        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      5 (PROCESSING_UNIT)      Warning: Descriptor too short        bUnitID                 3        bSourceID               1        wMaxMultiplier          0        bControlSize            2        bmControls     0x0000153f          Brightness          Contrast          Hue          Saturation          Sharpness          Gamma          Backlight Compensation          Power Line Frequency          White Balance Temperature, Auto        iProcessing             0         bmVideoStandards     0x 0      Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN        bmAttributes            3          Transfer Type            Interrupt          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0010  1x 16 bytes        bInterval               6    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       0      bNumEndpoints           0      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            14        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  1 (INPUT_HEADER)        bNumFormats                         1        wTotalLength                      277        bEndPointAddress                  129        bmInfo                              0        bTerminalLink                       2        bStillCaptureMethod                 0        bTriggerSupport                     1        bTriggerUsage                       1        bControlSize                        1        bmaControls( 0)                    27      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            27        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  4 (FORMAT_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFormatIndex                        1        bNumFrameDescriptors                5        guidFormat                            {59555932-0000-1000-8000-00aa00389b71}        bBitsPerPixel                      16        bDefaultFrameIndex                  1        bAspectRatioX                       0        bAspectRatioY                       0        bmInterlaceFlags                 0x00          Interlaced stream or variable: No          Fields per frame: 1 fields          Field 1 first: No          Field pattern: Field 1 only          bCopyProtect                      0      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         1        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            640        wHeight                           480        dwMinBitRate                  3072000        dwMaxBitRate                 18432000        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize      614400        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         2        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            352        wHeight                           288        dwMinBitRate                  1013760        dwMaxBitRate                  6082560        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize      202752        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         3        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            320        wHeight                           240        dwMinBitRate                   768000        dwMaxBitRate                  4608000        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize      153600        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         4        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            176        wHeight                           144        dwMinBitRate                   253440        dwMaxBitRate                  1520640        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize       50688        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         5        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            160        wHeight                           120        dwMinBitRate                   192000        dwMaxBitRate                  1152000        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize       38400        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                             6        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                 13 (COLORFORMAT)        bColorPrimaries                     1 (BT.709,sRGB)        bTransferCharacteristics            1 (BT.709)        bMatrixCoefficients                 4 (SMPTE 170M (BT.601))    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       1      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0080  1x 128 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       2      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0100  1x 256 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       3      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0320  1x 800 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       4      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0b20  2x 800 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       5      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x1320  3x 800 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       6      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x1400  3x 1024 bytes        bInterval               1can't get device qualifier: Operation not permittedcan't get debug descriptor: Operation not permittedcannot read device status, Operation not permitted (1)Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hubDevice Descriptor:  bLength                18  bDescriptorType         1  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass            9 Hub  bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused  bDeviceProtocol         0 Full speed (or root) hub  bMaxPacketSize0        64  idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation  idProduct          0x0002 2.0 root hub  bcdDevice            2.06  iManufacturer           3   iProduct                2   iSerial                 1   bNumConfigurations      1  Configuration Descriptor:    bLength                 9    bDescriptorType         2    wTotalLength           25    bNumInterfaces          1    bConfigurationValue     1    iConfiguration          0     bmAttributes         0xe0      Self Powered      Remote Wakeup    MaxPower                0mA    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        0      bAlternateSetting       0      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass         9 Hub      bInterfaceSubClass      0 Unused      bInterfaceProtocol      0 Full speed (or root) hub      iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            3          Transfer Type            Interrupt          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0004  1x 4 bytes        bInterval              12can't get hub descriptor: Operation not permittedcan't get device qualifier: Operation not permittedcan't get debug descriptor: Operation not permittedcannot read device status, Operation not permitted (1)chip@chip-Satellite-L355:~$

That generated so much info it overran the buffer...

bNumEndpoints           2      bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage      bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI      bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk (Zip)      iInterface              5 Bulk-In, Bulk-Out, Interface      Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT        bmAttributes            2          Transfer Type            Bulk          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes        bInterval               0      Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN        bmAttributes            2          Transfer Type            Bulk          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes        bInterval               0Device Qualifier (for other device speed):  bLength                10  bDescriptorType         6  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)  bDeviceSubClass         0   bDeviceProtocol         0   bMaxPacketSize0        64  bNumConfigurations      1Device Status:     0x0000  (Bus Powered)Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04f2:b070 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd Device Descriptor:  bLength                18  bDescriptorType         1  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device  bDeviceSubClass         2 ?  bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association  bMaxPacketSize0        64  idVendor           0x04f2 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd  idProduct          0xb070   bcdDevice            8.33  iManufacturer           2 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.  iProduct                1 CNF7051  iSerial                 3 SN0001  bNumConfigurations      1  Configuration Descriptor:    bLength                 9    bDescriptorType         2    wTotalLength          523    bNumInterfaces          2    bConfigurationValue     1    iConfiguration          0     bmAttributes         0x80      (Bus Powered)    MaxPower               98mA    Interface Association:      bLength                 8      bDescriptorType        11      bFirstInterface         0      bInterfaceCount         2      bFunctionClass         14 Video      bFunctionSubClass       3 Video Interface Collection      bFunctionProtocol       0       iFunction               5 Chicony USB 2.0 Camera    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        0      bAlternateSetting       0      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Video Control      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              5 Chicony USB 2.0 Camera      VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                13        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      1 (HEADER)        bcdUVC               1.00        wTotalLength          103        dwClockFrequency       15.000000MHz        bInCollection           1        baInterfaceNr( 0)       1      VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                 9        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      3 (OUTPUT_TERMINAL)        bTerminalID             2        wTerminalType      0x0101 USB Streaming        bAssocTerminal          0        bSourceID               5        iTerminal               0       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                26        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      6 (EXTENSION_UNIT)        bUnitID                 4        guidExtensionCode         {7033f028-1163-2e4a-ba2c-6890eb334016}        bNumControl             8        bNrPins                 1        baSourceID( 0)          3        bControlSize            1        bmControls( 0)       0x0f        iExtension              0       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                26        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      6 (EXTENSION_UNIT)        bUnitID                 5        guidExtensionCode         {3fae1228-d7bc-114e-a357-6f1edef7d61d}        bNumControl             8        bNrPins                 1        baSourceID( 0)          4        bControlSize            1        bmControls( 0)       0xff        iExtension              0       VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                18        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      2 (INPUT_TERMINAL)        bTerminalID             1        wTerminalType      0x0201 Camera Sensor        bAssocTerminal          0        iTerminal               0         wObjectiveFocalLengthMin      0        wObjectiveFocalLengthMax      0        wOcularFocalLength            0        bControlSize                  3        bmControls           0x00000000      VideoControl Interface Descriptor:        bLength                11        bDescriptorType        36        bDescriptorSubtype      5 (PROCESSING_UNIT)      Warning: Descriptor too short        bUnitID                 3        bSourceID               1        wMaxMultiplier          0        bControlSize            2        bmControls     0x0000153f          Brightness          Contrast          Hue          Saturation          Sharpness          Gamma          Backlight Compensation          Power Line Frequency          White Balance Temperature, Auto        iProcessing             0         bmVideoStandards     0x 0      Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN        bmAttributes            3          Transfer Type            Interrupt          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0010  1x 16 bytes        bInterval               6    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       0      bNumEndpoints           0      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            14        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  1 (INPUT_HEADER)        bNumFormats                         1        wTotalLength                      277        bEndPointAddress                  129        bmInfo                              0        bTerminalLink                       2        bStillCaptureMethod                 0        bTriggerSupport                     1        bTriggerUsage                       1        bControlSize                        1        bmaControls( 0)                    27      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            27        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  4 (FORMAT_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFormatIndex                        1        bNumFrameDescriptors                5        guidFormat                            {59555932-0000-1000-8000-00aa00389b71}        bBitsPerPixel                      16        bDefaultFrameIndex                  1        bAspectRatioX                       0        bAspectRatioY                       0        bmInterlaceFlags                 0x00          Interlaced stream or variable: No          Fields per frame: 1 fields          Field 1 first: No          Field pattern: Field 1 only          bCopyProtect                      0      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         1        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            640        wHeight                           480        dwMinBitRate                  3072000        dwMaxBitRate                 18432000        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize      614400        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         2        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            352        wHeight                           288        dwMinBitRate                  1013760        dwMaxBitRate                  6082560        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize      202752        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         3        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            320        wHeight                           240        dwMinBitRate                   768000        dwMaxBitRate                  4608000        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize      153600        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         4        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            176        wHeight                           144        dwMinBitRate                   253440        dwMaxBitRate                  1520640        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize       50688        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                            46        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                  5 (FRAME_UNCOMPRESSED)        bFrameIndex                         5        bmCapabilities                   0x00          Still image unsupported        wWidth                            160        wHeight                           120        dwMinBitRate                   192000        dwMaxBitRate                  1152000        dwMaxVideoFrameBufferSize       38400        dwDefaultFrameInterval         333333        bFrameIntervalType                  5        dwFrameInterval( 0)            333333        dwFrameInterval( 1)            500000        dwFrameInterval( 2)            666666        dwFrameInterval( 3)           1000000        dwFrameInterval( 4)           2000000      VideoStreaming Interface Descriptor:        bLength                             6        bDescriptorType                    36        bDescriptorSubtype                 13 (COLORFORMAT)        bColorPrimaries                     1 (BT.709,sRGB)        bTransferCharacteristics            1 (BT.709)        bMatrixCoefficients                 4 (SMPTE 170M (BT.601))    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       1      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0080  1x 128 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       2      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0100  1x 256 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       3      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0320  1x 800 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       4      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0b20  2x 800 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       5      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x1320  3x 800 bytes        bInterval               1    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        1      bAlternateSetting       6      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass        14 Video      bInterfaceSubClass      2 Video Streaming      bInterfaceProtocol      0       iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            5          Transfer Type            Isochronous          Synch Type               Asynchronous          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x1400  3x 1024 bytes        bInterval               1Device Qualifier (for other device speed):  bLength                10  bDescriptorType         6  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass          239 Miscellaneous Device  bDeviceSubClass         2 ?  bDeviceProtocol         1 Interface Association  bMaxPacketSize0        64  bNumConfigurations      1Device Status:     0x0002  (Bus Powered)  Remote Wakeup EnabledBus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hubDevice Descriptor:  bLength                18  bDescriptorType         1  bcdUSB               2.00  bDeviceClass            9 Hub  bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused  bDeviceProtocol         0 Full speed (or root) hub  bMaxPacketSize0        64  idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation  idProduct          0x0002 2.0 root hub  bcdDevice            2.06  iManufacturer           3 Linux 2.6.35-22-generic ehci_hcd  iProduct                2 EHCI Host Controller  iSerial                 1 0000:00:1a.7  bNumConfigurations      1  Configuration Descriptor:    bLength                 9    bDescriptorType         2    wTotalLength           25    bNumInterfaces          1    bConfigurationValue     1    iConfiguration          0     bmAttributes         0xe0      Self Powered      Remote Wakeup    MaxPower                0mA    Interface Descriptor:      bLength                 9      bDescriptorType         4      bInterfaceNumber        0      bAlternateSetting       0      bNumEndpoints           1      bInterfaceClass         9 Hub      bInterfaceSubClass      0 Unused      bInterfaceProtocol      0 Full speed (or root) hub      iInterface              0       Endpoint Descriptor:        bLength                 7        bDescriptorType         5        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN        bmAttributes            3          Transfer Type            Interrupt          Synch Type               None          Usage Type               Data        wMaxPacketSize     0x0004  1x 4 bytes        bInterval              12Hub Descriptor:  bLength               9  bDescriptorType      41  nNbrPorts             4  wHubCharacteristic 0x000a    No power switching (usb 1.0)    Per-port overcurrent protection  bPwrOn2PwrGood       10 * 2 milli seconds  bHubContrCurrent      0 milli Ampere  DeviceRemovable    0x00  PortPwrCtrlMask    0xff Hub Port Status:   Port 1: 0000.0100 power   Port 2: 0000.0503 highspeed power enable connect   Port 3: 0000.0100 power   Port 4: 0000.0503 highspeed power enable connectDevice Status:     0x0003  Self Powered  Remote Wakeup Enabledchip@chip-Satellite-L355:~$