Temmu

w32tm command

Temmu

when issuing the command

E:\>w32tm /stripchart /samples:1 /computer:servername

Tracking servername [192.168.1.10].Collecting 1 samples.The current time is 3/8/2009 21:05:30 (local time).21:05:30 d:+00.0000000s o:+00.3047845s  [						   |*						  ]

what do each of these mean??

d:+00.0000000s

o:+00.3047845s

google & this are worthless - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773263.aspxas far as interpreting the output.http://blogs.technet.com/industry_insiders...tm_service.aspx - is a good article, but does not define the o or the d...

crp

do it with /dataonly , that might help.I don't have a pc available , but I would think that the "o" was "offset" and the 'd' was 'time change on pc'

Edited by crp

Temmu

could be, it sounds reasonable.what bugs me is that there is no apparent place on the internet that lists what those two indicate.worse, the command itself doesn't even define them.

mtdoj

dd: is the delay. You can see this for example if you time sync to a source "close" to your server, such as one on a company intranet and then compare the value of dd: returned when you sync with a time source over the internet. This value allows you to accurately account for propagation delays between your location and the time source.

Edited by mtdoj

Temmu

hi, and welcome mtdoj!thank you for that, it sounds reasonable.is there somewhere (authoritative) that writes about all that?i spent a good bit of time searching to no avail...