Yahoo email

JerryM

I have Mailwasher Pro, and my hotmail accounts and regular account work fine. However, I know that Yahoo email is not POP3 and will not work with Mailwasher.I also have read that for a fee Yahoo email will act as or is a POP 3 so it will work with MW.Can someone help me here? I am changing email accounts and in the interim have told all to use my Yahoo address. It sure is more convenient to use MW to see what is on the server.Many thanks,Jerry

Hi Jerry!You could try starting here ( link removed by Bruno )where it says;

Just follow the steps below you will enable your Yahoo Mail to have free POP3 access:- * Go to YahooMail SG and click on Sign Up * Just go thru the registration process, and get your Free Yahoo Email account * To get the Free Yahoo POP3 Email access, you need to signup their Yahoo Delivers services. Click here to subscribed their Yahoo Delivers service for Free As you know free service don’t really come free, you need to scarify something to exchange the service for free. This applied to the Free Yahoo POP3 Email account * Once you have subscribed to Yahoo Deliver service, Login into your Yahoo Email and Go to “Option” -> “POP Access & Forwarding“ * Select “Web & POP Access” and save * Done. You can access your FREE Yahoo POP3 Email account now :)Free Yahoo POP3 Email account available at:-- Yahoo Singapore- Yahoo Hong Kong- Yahoo India- Yahoo UK
Hope this helps,Réjean Edited by Bruno
removed link because it was hacked

I have Mailwasher Pro, and my hotmail accounts and regular account work fine. However, I know that Yahoo email is not POP3 and will not work with Mailwasher.I also have read that for a fee Yahoo email will act as or is a POP 3 so it will work with MW.Can someone help me here? I am changing email accounts and in the interim have told all to use my Yahoo address. It sure is more convenient to use MW to see what is on the server.Many thanks,Jerry
Switch to Google mail (GMAIL) - they offer free pop access.

I did not mean for my last response to be flippant or careless JerryM. I truly do enjoy using Gmail and prefer it over Yahoo but I understand not everyone wants to switch. I have heard about Yahoo POPS! for a long time - I was surprised to see it is still around. It will do exactly what you're looking for - provide you with free POP access for Yahoo.http://ypopsemail.com/Edit:There is a disclaimer on their download page.---------------------------

With this release, [v0.9.5.14.]you should be able to receive emails from Yahoo! Mail. Sending emails might not work for all.A subsequent release will fix that issue as well.
----------------------------I would further add that if you don't like constantly updating your software, then Ypops is probably not for you. The Yahoo people know about this freeware applic. and they keep patching their server to deter people from using this program. As always it is a cat & mouse game. The only downfall of this program is that during the time between when Yahoo patches their server and the Ypops team releases a new version, you will NOT be able to retrieve your e-mails from Yahoo. It goes without saying you'll have to through the usual business of add/removing software everytime the updated version once of Yahoo pops comes out.Or.... you can just say to heck with all of this and use Gmail. :) Edited by Tushman

Hi Tushman,Thanks for the additional information. I do use gmail, but I get a ton of spam. I am not sure why because I have not provided the address to many folks. It is easily deleted, however.After looking at the replies, I think I will either just settle for the lack of POP3 access or pay the $19.99. If I want to use it as one of my primary emails I will pay.Thanks All for the help.Regards,Jerry

You could open an account at gmx, it's free and does POP3 and IMAP and web as well. I don't POP but I know someone who does and he says it works well. gmx can collect the mail from your yahoo account; I haven't tested this feature. Then you can set up the gmx account in Mailwasher Pro.http://mail-us.gmx.com/

Enter the following server names in your mail client * POP3 Server: pop.gmx.com * SMTP Server: mail.gmx.com (for POP and IMAP) * IMAP4 Server: imap.gmx.com

You could open an account at gmx, it's free and does POP3 and IMAP and web as well. I don't POP but I know someone who does and he says it works well. gmx can collect the mail from your yahoo account; I haven't tested this feature. Then you can set up the gmx account in Mailwasher Pro.http://mail-us.gmx.com/
Many thanks,Jerry

Hi Liz,

gmx can collect the mail from your yahoo account; I haven't tested this feature. Then you can set up the gmx account in Mailwasher Pro.
Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try it out because I have 2 Yahoo accounts that I use occasionally. I can tell you that it works perfectly as far as I can tell. Setting up the Yahoo account was very easy to do and you can also import your e-mail from other providers such as Hotmail, Gmail, etc. The list is quite extensive actually.I'll continue to try it out and if I like it, I'll setup POP access in my Outlook. Thanks for turning me onto GMX.JerryM, I hope you're reading this because this may the perfect free solution you're looking for. Edited by Tushman

Hi Liz,Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try it out because I have 2 Yahoo accounts that I use occasionally. I can tell you that it works perfectly as far as I can tell. Setting up the Yahoo account was very easy to do and you can also import your e-mail from other providers such as Hotmail, Gmail, etc. The list is quite extensive actually.I'll continue to try it out and if I like it, I'll setup POP access in my Outlook. Thanks for turning me onto GMX.JerryM, I hope you're reading this because this may the perfect free solution you're looking for.
Thanks Tushman. I got it.Regards,Jerry

Well wouldn't you know it... I'm having problems with retrieving my GMX mail in Outlook 2003. I might post in their userforums to see if I can find the solution, in the meantime, I'll continue to settle for their the web interface.

réjean, don't you worry about that link, it can happen. And Bruno took care of it. BTW: did you already sign up for that GMX account?Me I didn't, I'm still hesitating, however it has something tempting to it.

réjean, don't you worry about that link, it can happen. And Bruno took care of it. BTW: did you already sign up for that GMX account?Me I didn't, I'm still hesitating, however it has something tempting to it.
Striker you might want to hold off just temporarily. Since signing up, my enthusiasm for it has waned. There are 2 main problems I'm having right now. As previously mentioned, I cannot get my Outlook 2003 to work with GMX despite following the directions on their website. Secondly, GMX can indeed retrieve yahoo mail but only if they are sitting in the main INBOX. I have approximately 10 different folders and it did not import any of the e-mails saved in those folders at all. Now I have to see if this will cooperate because there was a message when I first setup GMX, it said not all of the yahoo mail will show up -- "but please rest assured over time it will be imported, blah blah blah".... So now it's a waiting game to see if GMX will live up to the hype or not. There's also 113 items in my Yahoo inbox and GMX has retrieved approx 98. (One might think after 3-5 days, that's enough time to retrieve it all from yahoo's server??)The main problem at this point is that Outlook keeps asking for my Yahoo password even thought it's already entered. I've checked the box for "Remember this password" several times already. I even cleared out the password field and retyped it - it still keeps asking for the password no matter what. Consequently - NONE of my Yahoo e-mails have been imported into Outlook thus far. I will post in their user forum over the weekend to see if I can nail down this problem. Otherwise, I will probably deactivate my Gmx account - I've got too many as it is. Edited by Tushman

Thanks for the tap on the back striker. I really felt bad. I did sign up for the GMX account and it eventually imported my 2 GMail accounts but it wont accept my yahoo.ca emails ( 2 also ).
Otherwise, I will probably deactivate my Gmx account - I've got too many as it is.
What do you mean tushman? Think about it you can have 9 more GMX accounts. I remember when I got a Gmail invitation and was told that I could invite 10 more people I thought that I could invite myself 10 times and each one 10 times again and have access to 100 GB of data storage ( at that time I had only one machine and a single 40 GB hd ), but then I realized that I would have to keep track of 100 usernames and 100 passwords. :thumbsup: :lol: :D Edited by réjean