programming question

Noonmid27

Hi guysIs there i way to see the machine code output of a program while its running and to see how the machine code changes when i tell the program to do something else.

You need to be much clearer on what it is you are trying to see
well i mean how can i see the actually binary code of a program while it's running. i know that source code is compiled into binary code so that the cpu can run it.........is there a way to see the machine code while a program is running. i hope that is clearer.

• 2 months later...
well i mean how can i see the actually binary code of a program while it's running. i know that source code is compiled into binary code so that the cpu can run it.........is there a way to see the machine code while a program is running. i hope that is clearer.
Absolutely not!! A computer executes millions of instructions per second. Your eye can't detect that a movie is changing frames 32 times per second. How could you possibly tract a million instructions per second?In the early DOS days, when a program might only contain a few hundred instructions, it was possible to "single step" through a program in "debug" mode, but with today's programs, that would be impossible. It would take years to single step through the code to display a single picture.Hackers can change a program's behavior merely by changing a few discrete machine level hex codes. but even they don't attempt to "step" through and entire program to do so. Edited by lewmur