OO Presentation

lewmur

I created a slide show as a tutorial and demo of an application Ive written for Real Estate Appraisers. It works fine for people using IE, but after all of the griping I've done about IE only sites, I'm trying to make the show using OO. It works fine using OO but I can't figure out how to publish it as a web page and have it work properly. If I click "Preview as Web Page," the pages aren't full screen and I don't have any audio.Anybody know of a tutorial for using OO Presentation for creating web base slide shows?

Mm, I hope this one is still usable:http://www.linux.com/articles/40982
Following the directions from that site does create the HTML files to show the slides. But the result suffers from the same problems that the "Preview as web page" does. The slides are so small they take up less than 1/4 of the screen and there is no audio. I could probably tweak the code to change the image size of the slides, but I have no idea of how to add the audio back. The audio is in the form of one .mp3 file for each slide.edit: I changed the html code for the first slide to make it larger. The image is a png file from a screen shot. When I made it larger, the type is illegible. If you have IE, go toLew's page. and click "Slide Show." That is what it's supposed to look like.The html image created by OO looks like thisimg1.png Edited by lewmur

To put audio in a webpage is easy with the <embed> tag, but that does not solve your problem in this case. Maybe someone knows such a slide show somewhere on the net and post the link to it, so we can have a peek at the source code.

To put audio in a webpage is easy with the <embed> tag, but that does not solve your problem in this case. Maybe someone knows such a slide show somewhere on the net and post the link to it, so we can have a peek at the source code.
See my edited post.

B) I don't have XP at hand. But I had a look at it with FF in MDV2008.1;I saw there's a javascript on every slide which should trigger the audio to play, on every slide a different mp3.You could take that out and at every link put an embed tag in the appropriate place.That would work if you ask me. I happened to fiddle around with that a couple of years ago for some website I was creating for a museum, in where they wanted that feature in their site. I remember it worked flawlessly in IE and FF and Opera.Maybe use this workaround?

B) I don't have XP at hand. But I had a look at it with FF in MDV2008.1;I saw there's a javascript on every slide which should trigger the audio to play, on every slide a different mp3.You could take that out and at every link put an embed tag in the appropriate place.That would work if you ask me. I happened to fiddle around with that a couple of years ago for some website I was creating for a museum, in where they wanted that feature in their site. I remember it worked flawlessly in IE and FF and Opera.Maybe use this workaround?
What you looked at was the PP slide show that works. But only with IE. That is what I'm trying to replace with OO so that it will work in FF and others. I can't replace what on the web page till I get the OO generated HTML code to work.I did succeed in getting a better image by replacing the OO generated png with the original scree shot png. This is it.http://www.realtydata.org/first.pngI tried this for the audio but it didn't work.
<EMBED src="page1.mp3" autostart=true hidden=true>

What you looked at was the PP slide show that works. But only with IE. That is what I'm trying to replace with OO so that it will work in FF and others. I can't replace what on the web page till I get the OO generated HTML code to work.I did succeed in getting a better image by replacing the OO generated png with the original scree shot png. This is it.http://www.realtydata.org/first.pngI tried this for the audio but it didn't work.
<EMBED src="page1.mp3" autostart=true hidden=true>

Well, I finally solved the problems. Seems I needed the QuickTime plugin for FF3 before the audio would play. I'm going to have to set up the sixteen slides with their audio manually, but at least it will work.