Zenwalk Linux 5.2

striker

It would be nice if the mirrors actually allowed you to download Zenwalk I've tried several different mirrors that are supposed to be ready, but which fail to let me download more than a few megabytes.Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Try this one Jan - direct link to the iso:http://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/zen...zenwalk-5.2.isomd5sum:ea1c98e330aab7a8f923abb0a0a52037 zenwalk-5.2.isoI tested the link and got the iso in completely within 3min35secs at 2145KB/sec. ;)
Thanks, Striker, got the file eventually. DAP just kept resuming until it got the lot.I see it's a "LILO or else distro". A pity it doesn't offer GRUB as an alternative. B)

B) . . . LOL . . . . hello, excuse me, what is wrong with Lilo ?? At least it knows the difference between hda and sda !! . . . . ;) ;) Bruno

B) That's why I said "Anyway, what's in a bootloader?"We can use them all (only not at the same time ;) ), but whether good ol' lilo or grub,bing, or whatever, it doesn't matter. As long as it is able to boot the system, I don't care at all.What I'm curious about is whether Jan got it installed and how it performs. It's a bit silent from the other side of the ocean since... ;)

What I'm curious about is whether Jan got it installed and how it performs. It's a bit silent from the other side of the ocean since... ;)
B) From this side of the ocean - I installed but couldn't get the bootloader to work, as usual with lilo. I might re-install and make a note of the kernel, then use my grub entry for Slackware as a guide. Does that sound reasonable to you ? ;) :D

Please ;) excuse this little diversion because after--->>>10 re installs of XP on both Compaq and the 5000 and VERY Quirky PCLinuxOS on the 5000 --->>>PCLinuxOS DFPE edition NOT loading + MDV XFCE not even being recognized on the 5000--->>>Thought it was time to try something new and the first post on the forum was Zenwalk 5.2 --->>>SO :D this is what is being downloaded to see if it will install on the 5000 (ALL EXT partitions have been reformatted) and I do NOT even know what FLAVOR it is Debian rpmn or w.h.y ;) Cheers for yearsColin :w00t: for now and who knows what it will be Monday B)

Edited by kamicota

Striker, successfully installed and entered a working bootloader entry in Mandriva's GRUB. This is it.For my /dev/sda11 partition.title Zenwalkkernel (hd0,10)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.25.4 root=/dev/sda11 ro vga=788 B) ;)

I do NOT even know what FLAVOR it is Debian rpmn or w.h.y ;) Cheers for yearsColin :D for now and who knows what it will be Monday B)
Hi Colin :) Zenwalk is a Slackware flavour.Have fun ;) :w00t:

Thanks JanBUT B) there were TOO many Decisions to make about Windows partitions so gave it up - downloaded PCLinuxOS Minime 2008 and that is now running ;) these flights of Fancy eh :D Cheers for yearsColin ;)

Thanks JanBUT B) there were TOO many Decisions to make about Windows partitions so gave it up - downloaded PCLinuxOS Minime 2008 and that is now running :D these flights of Fancy eh :w00t: Cheers for yearsColin ;)
I agree it wasn't the most user friendly distro to install and I'm finding it hard to like the XFCE manager. I'll give it another couple of days to see whether I'll keep it.PcLOS is one of my favourites. I've also got the minime and found it easy to add my "can't do without" apps.I, too, like to experiment. There is always much to learn from my various flights of fancy . ;) :) Regards :)

Striker, successfully installed and entered a working bootloader entry in Mandriva's GRUB. This is it.For my /dev/sda11 partition.title Zenwalkkernel (hd0,10)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.25.4 root=/dev/sda11 ro vga=788 :D :D
:D splendid Jan! Just give it a few days to see what it is capable of. B)