Outlook 2003 holidays have disappeared from calendar

telecomguy9

telecomguy9

Hi all. I have a user whose holidays have disappeared from his calendar. This happened, he says, after the DST update a week or so ago. He has tried adding them back but that didn't work. They are just gone from his calendar. He can't see them at all. This isn't the problem where he can't see the holidays 3 or more years from now. The holidays for this year and each year thereafter have simply disappeared. I've Google'd the heck out of this and haven't found anything to help resolve the issue. Any ideas?

I use Outlook 2007 and I just checked my calendar and all of my holidays are also gone. I don't use the calendar that much and just now noticed it. Must be one of the many MS blunders. :hysterical:

I downloaded the patch, quit IE and Outlook, ran the patch and got told that it had already been applied. When I opened Outlook 2003 and checked the Calendar, holidays still do not appear. :hmm:[edit]I went back to the webpage and read the Installation Details and found this:"Enable the holiday list in the Outlook calendarBy default, the holiday list in Outlook 2003 is not enabled. This list of holidays can only be enabled per profile because a specific country must be chosen. There is no automated method to update the calendar without requiring user intervention because the users must choose the country for which they need the list of holidays."Tools/Options/Calendar Options/Add Holidays... and choose country. Outlook installs them at that point, and when I checked the calendar, installed them correctly.Thanks for the link :( :thumbsup:

Edited by mac

Tools/Options/Calendar Options/Add Holidays... and choose country. Outlook installs them at that point, and when I checked the calendar, installed them correctly.
That is what I had to do. :(