Firefox 3 Beta 4 Released

mhbell

Downloaded and installed the latest Firefox 3 Beta 4 Using now as I write this. it is fast. many new features although many of my addons did not work with it. There will be updates when final is released. Haven't used it enough yet to see what bugs there are. I still have my older version so am not worried about losing anything as both of them work. it did automatically transfer all of my plugins and bookmarks as well as the addons. it disabled the ones that don't work. I think I am going to like this one better. It is much faster loading and going to websites. time will tell..Mel :hysterical:

Edited by mhbell

i loaded beta 2 or 3, and had some minor issues which led me to unload and go back to ff 2.that said, beta v3.2 was fast!i retained my plugins and bookmarks in both directions: installing and then uninstalling the beta then installing ff 2 again.i had to delete the settings directory to make the beta-3 problems go away from v2, they followed them just as the bookmarks and plugins did. odd.
I am running FF3 Beta 4 as stand alone. it is not affecting my version 2.0.12 I can use either or both at the same time.Mel B)

ah, so.i'm still looking fwd to them getting past beta 24, or whatever, so i can switch to v3 full-time!
For a Beta you can't do much better than this one.
Mozilla says that there are over 900 bug fixes in this beta alone and has released Firefox version 3, Beta 4. The new version of its web browser also has some minor cosmetic changes, depending on whether you're using Windows XP, Vista, Linux or Mac.Firefox 3 Beta 4 includes drastic improvements to performance and memory usage, as well as fixes for stability, platform enhancements and user interface improvements. Many of the advances were based on community feedback.
Mel B)

I really like what I see in the betas of Firefox also. I've been using it on the windows side and I've been using the swiftfox betas on the linux side. All good, but the plugins of course. At least Ad-block still works.