Your View on the New Lindows WebSTation

imranj

Hey ppl i am thinking of looking into this webstation for my fiancie, so should i get it or not..or buy any of the linux pc's from wall mart??

Bruno..you can get them bundled with either Lindows, SuSE or Lycoris..Wish more stores would start doing this in the US

I hear ya Bruno...That would be me...I was reading on both lindows and Lycoris..both really easy to set-up and very GUI oriented (and that is really ok......depends on what a person expects to do with their computer) but I was thinking that after the initial learning was over that SuSE would offer the better experience..and would offer scalability for learning and improving linux skills....(again that's just me)...IMO

Every distro needs learning Barry . . even the step from Windows98 to XP needs adapting, but if it´s only for email and the web . . . the learning is done in ten minutes on every OS even on Slackware ;)SuSE is just the better OS, rock solid and stable.:blink: Bruno

Ah my Friend...Good Point on the learning...didn't view it from that perspective..Thanks...Fully agree w/ SuSE being Rock solid and stable.

So any ideas yet for the lindows web station.........it has a basic configuration , and since my fiance is in india i though wht better way to stay in touch with her then giifting her a pc, and spending some sweet moments under the candle lit window......having e-dinner ;)

imranjI´d say, check out the support for Lindows if you want to send it to India . . . . if that is OK just go for it !Wish you many sweet moments under the candle ! ;);) Bruno

Besides, a candle-lit e-dinner will always take the computer from "what is he thinking" to "how romantic". Presentation is eveyrthing. Good luck! ;) Let her know that you fully researched to find the best configuration to make it easy for her. Put the emphasis on making her life wonderful and she will think you are so romantic! :D