SUSE Manual

linuxGreen

Hi Guys, My suse order arrived yesterday. I opened up the package, but did not have to load a OS. First I am reading a manual. My question to suse owners, do you know if the SUSE has manual in electronic form, I was trying to find on cds but it is not there. Thanks for you help in advance. Chris

Hello linuxGreen, Welcome to The Forum. Once you get it installed, there is a dedicated electronic help center that has much useful information. Personally, I installed cold turkey without much preparation, except for some advice from the great Linux forum members.The YaST2 tool is quite friendly. SuSE 8.2 Pro found all my hardware with drivers. The advice given to me was to just go ahead with the install and don't worry about screwing it up, cause you will likely do another install in a week or 2 after you learned some more.DO download and print out Bruno's Tips for Linux Starters. and have it available, if you have no other computer available to read online in case of problems.Oh yeah, SuSE install is know to be very kind to your windows installation.

linuxdude32
Hi Guys, My question to suse owners, do you know if the SUSE has manual in electronic form, I was trying to find on cds but it is not there. Chris
Yes, there are manuals available in electronic form, both pdf and html. I'm not sure what CD they are on, but if you use Install/Remove Software (by itself or from YaST2), you should find it. I'm using 8.2 which I upgraded over the net from 8.1 Pro (which I own). On my system, the html manuals are named:suselinux-adminguide_en-8.2.0.1x86-22suselinux-userguide_en-8.2.0.0-13Just do a search for 'guide' or 'suse' and they should come up. Once installed, you can use the help center (it life preserver on the taskbar) to access the manuals.I really like SuSE, particularly because of the excellent documentation with it and I find it more "polished" and stable than Mandrake which is what I used for several years. As SuSE says, "Have lots of fun!" :blink: