KMail adding "=20" to end of each line?

GolfProRM

Weird thing that I don't know if anyone here has run into. There are a couple guys in my LUG that are using KMail and every one of their emails appends "=20" (no quotes) to the end of each line. I'm guessing they've discussed it in the past as I heard one guy trying to change email clients but had issues so had to revert to KMail and live with the =20 problem. I didn't bother to bring it up with them as I figure they've discussed it to no end. Anyone here experienced it or figured out a workaround?

Not to try to start anything, but that bugtoaster site doesn't say=20much...  It says Windows boxes have crashes, but that's it... I think=20everybody and their dog knows that.  It doesn't say what the computers=20are doing when they crash, or anything else related.  I think the=20average of 15-21 crashes per box in a 24 hour period is a bit high... =20I've never seen a computer (let alone an average) showing that a=20computer crashes once an hour.Also...  this story about harddrives running MS systems dying is=20something I'd like to see... I can't say I've ever heard of a difference =in harddrive wear between Windows/Linux.=20
I don't want to bother with what's posted in this example email, but it was the only one I currently had that exhibited the problem...I'd be a real hero if there was a fix to this. :lol: :D

Isn't it only on forwarded messages or something like that?? - omg I have seen this before and I can not remember where or what - I will go bang head for a while and see if I can't jar it into memory, omg I've this before, but what...........

RyanCould it be that they are sending the messages as ¨text¨ and you´re recieving them as HTML ? It looks link ¨end or the line¨ signs . . . . . those are interpreted different in HTML then in text . . . . as long as you would use Kmail as well and recieve the messages in text, you would probably not see those =20 . . . . . . I suspect you open the messages in OE as HTML . . . :):) Bruno

Ryan,It sounds like some Kmail users are using "quoted-printable" (mime-compliant), rather than "allow 8-bit" in their settings. They might try changing it to see if it has any effect.settings/configure kmail/network/message property -- toggle between "allow 8-bit" and "MIME compliant (quoted-printable)".HTHtranquilo

Bruno... how dare you accuse me of using OE? B) I'm a T-bird user all the way! (Both in Win and Mandrake)... :lol:

Ryan, My dear friend, what the ***** was I thinking ?? I´m terribly sorry . . . of course you are using Thunderbrd as=20 email client . . .that was really stupid of me, please forgive me.=20 Sure I can use the excuse that it was still early in the morning=20 when I wrote that post and that the cat was scratching my=20 chair because she was hungry, the postman just brought=20 a letter from my broker that my MS stocks had dropped=20 again and I was to late to buy the SCO stocks when they were=20 low . . . . :lol: But there is no excuse for such a catastophic mistake . . . =180 One thing though . . . you make it sound if there would be=20 something wrong with OE . . .some of my best and coolest=20 friends are using OE . . and there certainly is nothing wrong=20 with them. :D B) :D Bruno=78

I just thought it remnded me of the 20% you get when someone accidentally puts a space in a web address they create. Something about the internet and spaces. It looks like my html book is at school. Could it be the code for a enter key entry? Of course, you probably have it fixed now with all the wonderful advice you get here.Poor Bruno - such a slip. Have you begged forgiveness enough yet? A cat? Do penguins and cats mix?????? B)

Thanks tranquilo for the suggestion, but the guy said he's been using 8-bit for a long time and that wasn't the issue... I tried receving his last message as text instead of HTML (Tbird gives me the option), but it didn't matter...Here's his response:

I've always used "allow 8 bit" and the problem remains.=2D-=20=2DGrayGeek
Don't know where the =2D came from... Maybe he needs to upgrade to KMail 3D? :lol: :D Of course then he'd need those stupid glasses! B)

Nothing... and one guy says it only does it to our mailing list...Most of them don't seem to care too much about it anymore... It's just annoying to me I guess :)

RyanA suggestion:There really are other email programs out there. Try Evolution. (I'm sorry I know this is hard to hear :) )

Have a suggestion as well:Because they are send by Kmail . . .what happens if you receive them in Kmail ( in text-format ) ??:) Bruno

Hexadecimal code uses a 20 as a space. Logic would say it is a carriage return. However, hexadecimal I believe are the ones that start wtih a equal sign. I don't think you are going to find a solution but you can do a google for =20 and code and see what you come up with!