F-Secure Security Suite

mac

My ISP just sent me an email with an offer to get F-Secure Security Suite for free. I don't know, and can't tell from the ISP's webpage about this offer, whether this is a permanent license or free for the first year. Although I'm not interested, as I'm only about 6 months into my 2 year subscription to NOD32 which I'm perfectly happy with, my brother and my daughter also use this ISP, and I'm wondering how good this security suite is, and if I should recommend that they download and install the suite.Does anyone in the forum have experience with this security suite?Any opinions or comments would be appreciated!Mac

From reading Scot's past newslettershttp://blog.scotsnewsletter.com/category/antivirus/

But F-Secure has an Achilles’ heel. It doesn’t play nicely with other security apps. It has a tendency to create a mess if other security products are present — even if they’re not running. It has a tendency to pop up dialogs informing you that it can’t install unless you uninstall this or that specific program.
This site http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/ puts it in 5th place. (I'm sure if you go elsewhere, you'll see a completely different ranking. It can get hard trying to get unbiased testing for antivirus software).This http://www.consumersearch.com/www/software...re/reviews.htmlseems to be a synopsis of quite a few stories.

Thanks Liz,I'd forgotten that Scot had published an evaluation of F-Secure Suite. I'll continue to recommend to my brother and daughter that they buy NOD32. Both use a router with their cable modems, and so have a hardware firewall protecting their PC's from the 'net.I've downloaded the new 3.0 version of NOD32 myself and will install today.Mac

Personally FS IS is one of my favorites. I did not find it causing pop ups. It uses the Kaspersky engine plus others.My only objection was that it is slow at start up. It takes another minute to open and settle down. I never found that the number of running processes slowed my machine.I am currently using KIS, and prefer it because of the faster start, and the very fast scanning speeds.If I were to leave Kaspersky for whatever reason I would go back to FSIS. I think it is one of the top security applications.It also has been one of the best "install and forget" suites or AV that I have used.Regards,Jerry