Titanium Powerbook G4 500 Mhz TiBook

kamicota

Just use it as it is and do the hard reboot when necessary. You can't do anything about the scratch or dead pixels. You may be able to use the USB port - you will just have to play with that. Have fun. It is not an intel mac but at least it runs 10.4. It may be one of the last of the pure Mac's (no intel aboard). Have fun. You will be amazed at how well it :"just works". :D

Thank You JuliaThats more or less what i was intending to do :o AND get familiar with Tiger & it's graphics to see if at some future day to go with Mac rather than MS$ :P HOPE I can find the HARD RESET Button :D By the way ALL the BEST for 2008 and hope all is --->>> :happyroll: Cheers for yearsColin :whistling:

Edited by kamicota

Boy What NEW LEARNING CURVE B) Everything is back to front or so it seems --->>>To click out of Firefox etc it is a sometimes noticeable round button on the LEFT not the rightAnd as of now have not found a graphics program in TigerI'm nearly scared to click on anything B) So the BATTLE continues :hmm: Cheers for yearsColin :'(

You can download and install gimp. Installation is a snap. Just follow the onscreen directions of probably dragging and dropping it in your application folder. B)

Thank you TEACHER...First I have to find where and what to download with Gimp BUT--->>>Thought Mac had IT'S OWN graphic editor that was superior to others out thereCheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

Thank YOU TeacherGUESS I was LABORING under a Misapprehension here And to me Gimp is limp when it comes to plugins available for Windows programs BUT we will STILL EXPLORE the G4 Mac thoughCheers for yearsColin :thumbsdown:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Colin, you have company on your exploration. I just today got the exact same laptop from a fellow who didn't use it anymore. I had to Google to find out how to copy/paste. Compared to my everyday laptop it's mighty sluggish, but when I remember how bad a 500MHz Intel ran, I'm impressed with its speed. Thankfully the previous owner left MS Office 2003 for Mac on it, as well as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Photoshop and Gimp are both a challenge for this artistically challenged webhead, but at least I've played some with both before.I know what you mean about being hesitant to click on anything. It reminds me of the day I first got a personal computer. I was afraid to breathe around the thing.Let me know if you discover any cool tricks, and I'll do the same.

Guest LilBambi

Kewl! :thumbsup:May you both enjoy the laptop. What a nice deal that that software came with it. I was just looking at used software similar to what you have and it's outrageous what they are charging for it even used (stuff from Macromedia/Adobe).

• 1 month later...

I've also added a refurbed (yet in exquisite condition) eMac to the family. That's it in my new avatar. I almost wish they'd made a PC like this. I'm a big fan of all-in-one designs (until one component breaks rendering the entire unit useless).

My first computer, an IBM had the computer and monitor together. The horizontal went on the monitor so I had a thin horizontal line instead of the desktop. Since IBM in those days, used screws as well s some proprietary fasteners. I couldn't get anyone to work on the monitor and adjust the horizontal. So ended, or so I thought, my days of all in ones. I couldn't pass up a freebie, all in one. My hubby is now using it. Fortunately, I can see where the LCD attaches and get to it fairly easily so if it dies, I'll just attach another monitor.Enjoy your eMac.

Noticed it in your avatar. Cool. Hubby is addicted to his. Every once in a while I turn it off on him and watch him panic. He seems to not realize there is an on-off switch. I turned it off while we were in Jamaica and he came back and told me someone had been in the house and used his computer and turned it off! I had to confess to being the culprit. :wacko: :)