Free Tivo-like functionality

Prelude76

came across a nice free program: Freevoit's free, open-source, and runs on linux only. it uses your tv/video capture card to record channels at given times, similar to Tivo.k, time to throw out my dusty old VCR. :)

That´s good news Prelude . . Now only if they would start showing something decent on TV it might be worth while to get a TV card. I don´t know how it is in Canada, but over here in Holland it´s really . . . . . . . . yes bad ! :) :) Bruno

came across a nice free program:  Freevoit's free, open-source, and runs on linux only.  it uses your tv/video capture card to record channels at given times, similar to Tivo.k, time to throw out my dusty old VCR. :)
I downloaded it and will get to work on getting my Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP working in Linux. Already got the picture and sound working. Just have to channels to change with Zapping and my remote to work.

i've got an old WinTV Hauppage card. the beauty is its a bugger to setup in Windows. it never auto-detects right. Takes several drivers, and WMD drivers dont work, so need to find older drivers. I installed SuSE, and BAM! there was a shortcut to WinTV and all drivers auto-detected and installed flawlessly. how cool is that? :D but i dont have a remote, but my cordless keyboard/mouse help out with channel surfing. :D

SonicDragon

Freevo was on the ScreenSavers (tech show here in America) last night. They didn't get it working but i'm glad you are getting better results than they did :rolleyes: