video card

Noonmid27

Hi guysWhen picking a video card what are the specifications that i should pay close attention to.....this card will be used for running linux and maybe windows for gaming. by specifications i mean like chipset, memory technology, RAMDAC speed.......etc, which is the most important for quality performance..........i really dont wanna be one of those guys who just pick the most expensive card with no knowledge of specifications of the card.

Hello,Rather than try and determine the best video card first, I would suggest you try contacting the authors of the software packages you will be using and see what recommendations they have. Regards,Aryeh Goretsky

I'm told that the Nvidia G92, due out real soon at about $250is a generational leap above current cards costing three times as much or more.Lots of those current cards are on sale as they are about to become marginalized, specifically the GTX series.Do some investigation now before you buy.