Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

The one on the right side with the X, yes. Pic was taken in Sint Maarten earlier this year.

I knew you were going to say yes. Yer one lucky fella. :breakfast:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archlinux - i3wm

G4jF7gC.jpg

I am also connected to my CentOS server and running a Debian VM.

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/G4jF7gC.jpg

Neat.

I like the look of that "my-netdata" program. Had a quick look at the main site for it and could not work out if you could run it so that it would give details of that pc without connecting to the net ? Was unsure if you had to connect to a my-netdata server to see the web control panel or if you ran a server on your own pc or something else. I realise that if you wanted details for your own pc and network connection stuff you would need to access the web.

:breakfast:

• 4 weeks later...

OK.... Since putting the new HD in the E420 and installing MX-17 on the first partition, I've been having fun with XFCE4....but I really wanted to get back to tiling WM's.....I was using spectrwm on the old Slackware 14.1 but thought I revisit i3...... I was using it for a while many years ago and liked it. So today I set it up on MX-17. I'm still getting it set to the colors and fonts etc...so the screenshot isn't all that exciting....but here it is...

i3wm.jpg

• Like 3

securitybreach

OK.... Since putting the new HD in the E420 and installing MX-17 on the first partition, I've been having fun with XFCE4....but I really wanted to get back to tiling WM's.....I was using spectrwm on the old Slackware 14.1 but thought I revisit i3...... I was using it for a while many years ago and liked it. So today I set it up on MX-17. I'm still getting it set to the colors and fonts etc...so the screenshot isn't all that exciting....but here it is...

i3wm.jpg

Nice

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

What DE is that?

I could lie and say it is a homemade DE that I cobbled together this afternoon. :Laughing:

However >top processes > left hand side > bottom entry :breakfast:

• Like 1

securitybreach

Yeah, I thought that I had seen that one before somewhere. I seen when it was posted on reddit a long while back.

• 4 weeks later...