Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

As I am here

QhCKBum.jpg

q7gH8LC.jpg

Just a couple more old Window Maker themes I found in a dusty old corner of the net. I am using the anime one at the moment. :breakfast:

• Like 2

Not bad at all though the mouse cursor is a tad intrusive being so white. Could you not make it a subtle sort of black to fit in :Laughing:

I see the cursor as matching the icons, although now that you mention it I am reminded a bit of the horrendous artificially whitened teeth some actors have :biggrin: . Breeze Dark would probably suit the dark theme better.

Nice Window Maker setup by the way.

• Like 1

securitybreach

As I am here

QhCKBum.jpg

q7gH8LC.jpg

Just a couple more old Window Maker themes I found in a dusty old corner of the net. I am using the anime one at the moment. :breakfast:

Awesome looking :thumbsup:

Awesome looking :thumbsup:

I am unearthing all sorts of dusty treasures and finding a lot of information on how themes are made by investigating the .themed files. I have found one theme that contains code to include a customised cursor. Unfortunately it does not work correctly at the moment.

I intend having a good go at themes when the weather closes in for the winter. At the moment I am just posting odd finds that seem to work well.

:breakfast:

• Like 1

A few changes to my MATE setup... Transparent panel, classic menu. I considered adding a dock but... meh, this is fine.

J4ETaTK.png

And yes, I took the theme from Ubuntu MATE.

• Like 3

OT--you've got what looks like an eclectic and interesting music collection, Dr J!

It keeps growing too, and I like a lot of different music so it keeps getting more and more random!

An oldie, but goodie...

lQPWtXy.png

Super looking mate. I love dragons. Have you got a linky for the plain wallpaper without the Slack stuff ? :breakfast:

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Super looking mate. I love dragons. Have you got a linky for the plain wallpaper without the Slack stuff ? :breakfast:

I just emailed it to you, Erik. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Slackware current with Alien Bob's October updates for the Slackware Plasma 5 desktop.

sX0ze6P0_t.png

*switched out the glaring white clock.

Edited by alphaomega
  • Like 3

Well, I managed to stick with Ubuntu MATE 'till the release of 17.10. I was a bit late with the upgrade because the laptop was in the repair shop. (The screen issues I mentioned in a post here had gotten worse... turns out the LCD display itself was failing). Anyway, it's all fixed up, updated and upgraded now, and I've managed to surprise myself by liking the Unity-like panel layout.

Auz0EuV.png

Thumbs up to Martin Wimpress and his team anyway :thumbup:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...