Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

This is how the desktop looks when I'm in the library.... :whistling: but normally I'm not tiling..... :teehee: (spectrwm)

deskie_th.jpg http://qsl.net/wa4chq/deskie.jpg

I recon that is a Kurosawa film still in the background.

KurYoji3.jpg

http://www.actingout...akira-kurosawa/

An the "When in doubt ------- Slackware 14.1" text looks like a find the missing words puzzle from the Have I Got News For You tv show.

For exampl " When in doubt handcuff yourself to a radiator but do not use Slackware 14.1" or such like :tease:

Yep Abarbarian, that was from a Kurosawa film. I do Netflix and really enjoy his movies. Toshiro Mifune, the fellow in the picture was an excellent actor. One movie I really liked was "Red Beard ". And if he was alive today, he'd without a doubt be using Slackware.... :worthy:

Edited by wa4chq
  • Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

I believe that image is from an outstanding Kurosawa film called Seven Samurai, which also happens to be the film that the American western The Magnificent Seven was based on.

• Like 2

I believe that image is from an outstanding Kurosawa film called Seven Samurai, which also happens to be the film that the American western The Magnificent Seven was based on.

Gor blimey you can lead a horse to water an all that. The opening to the article I linked to.

“Yojimbo” can stylistically be considered as a “study” for his “Sanjuro” made a year after “Yojimbo” (with the same main character played by a unique actor in the history of cinema Toshiro Mifune).

:harhar:

• Like 1

securitybreach

I thought I was having a problem with the picture coming up, Dr.J...but can see it now.... Looks nice!

Odd as it is definitely there:

vMubnds.png

• Like 1

I thought I was having a problem with the picture coming up, Dr.J...but can see it now.... Looks nice!

Odd as it is definitely there:

vMubnds.png

The wifi connection gets real slow sometimes and all I saw was the word "posted image".....clicked on it and nothing came up the first couple of times I tried. Then a few minutes later, the wifi connection was 100% and the thumbnail and good link were there....

YO! Jimbo. Where d'ya put grampa's corn squeezins jug?

Some powerful stuff.... :)

Edited by wa4chq
  • Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

I don't do remakes; particularly ones of classics like that.

Although, I REALLY enjoyed Jeff Bridges version of True Grit. :)

Lit a bonfire the other night . Woops!!! It was a very still night and to my shame when I looked up I could have sworn I had released the Kraken. Oh I so wish I'd had a camera with me . I could have had the most original wallpaper ever . :o

• Like 3

securitybreach

There's a remake of The Magnificent Seven from this year too - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2404435/

Watched it last night, not too bad

Lit a bonfire the other night . Woops!!! It was a very still night and to my shame when I looked up I could have sworn I had released the Kraken. Oh I so wish I'd had a camera with me . I could have had the most original wallpaper ever . :o

Nice, I like me some bonfires..

V.T. Eric Layton

I'll be building a small fire in a dug out pit in my backyard tomorrow night. It'll be in the mid 40s (F) here by then and I figure it'll be a great time to burn a bin full of old documents that would otherwise take me three months to shred (if I even had a shredder). Guess I should make s'mores (tuna filled for the kitties), too. ;)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

I don't normally go for dark themes. I like them, but have a hard time seeing well when using them. That being said, I think this one is pretty cool. I liked the wallpaper, so I had to have the appropriate dark theme to go with it.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't have a spiffy, gorgeous desktop with plain ol' Slack/Xfce.

;)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 1