Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

This is my freshly installed Ubuntu 15.10 (the picture is local, obviously, about a 15 min drive from home);

D4eX8VJD.jpg

Nice but it seems to be an odd resolution.. Older monitor?

I lost my 19 " monitor ( the on/off button stop working) and I'm now using an Acer Al1706 17" one.

securitybreach

This is my freshly installed Ubuntu 15.10 (the picture is local, obviously, about a 15 min drive from home);

D4eX8VJD.jpg

Nice but it seems to be an odd resolution.. Older monitor?

I lost my 19 " monitor ( the on/off button stop working) and I'm now using an Acer Al1706 17" one.

Ah ok, so 1024x768?

securitybreach

Big improvment! Thanks for the hint Josh. I still have some tweakings to do but I like Ubuntu 15.10 so far.

I just noticed that is was more square than widescreen, hence my inquiry..

Wow! It must have been at least 3 or 4 years since I have used Gnome Classic. I didn't realize it was still available so I tried it in Ubuntu 15.10. This was my favourite desktop environment for a long time. My wife took this picture last year about a mile from here. Most of this year's leaves are gone already.

LeFegkER.jpg

• Like 4

Q5BA0gR.jpg

Blimey that Gnome Classic must be pretty toxic if you have to photograph it from a mile away. :Laughing:

Above Makulu Mate on my backup pc.

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 4

Wow! It must have been at least 3 or 4 years since I have used Gnome Classic. I didn't realize it was still available so I tried it in Ubuntu 15.10. This was my favourite desktop environment for a long time. My wife took this picture last year about a mile from here. Most of this year's leaves are gone already.

LeFegkER.jpg

Superb vista. You are so so lucky. :good2:

• Like 1

securitybreach

LeFegkER.jpg

Beautiful picture

Q5BA0gR.jpg

Blimey that Gnome Classic must be pretty toxic if you have to photograph it from a mile away. :Laughing:

Above Makulu Mate on my backup pc.

Nice :thumbup:

• Like 1

Looks nice man and lol on the xkcd quote

Yup the regular xkdc comics are great an that is a particularly neat one. I were referring to the quote bottom right quadrant though. Very highlander'ish I thought. :pirate:

securitybreach

Yup the regular xkdc comics are great an that is a particularly neat one. I were referring to the quote bottom right quadrant though. Very highlander'ish I thought. :pirate:

If your referring to the one in white, I cannot read the second half at all.

If your referring to the one in white, I cannot read the second half at all.

If you click on the picture you get a full size view. :whistling:

securitybreach

If you click on the picture you get a full size view. :whistling:

Well yeah, I know that but it is still unreadable

You need to see an optician,,,,soon. :fish:

I have 20/20 vision with glasses. I have a large monitor so perhaps that is it but its hard to read white on white.

So your saying this is easy to read:

s7nlIeb.png

:hysterical:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Way to go another brave soul willing to take the path to enlightenment. Neat very neat. :breakfast:

fysa4gM.jpg

Makulu Mate.

Edited by abarbarian
  • Like 4

securitybreach

Looks nice but you may want to change how your images are posted since your thumbnail doesn't open right. Next time, either click the image button on the editing bar and enter the url in the dialog or do it like this (minus the spacing)

[i m g] http://i.imgbox.com/6ca4zZd4.png [/ i m g]

Then you'll end up with this and you can click it to enlarge.

6ca4zZd4.png