Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Who needs fancy-schmancy cairo-dock? My Arch with Xfce works perfectly well for me. That side panel auto-hides, by the way. I just timed it right to get it in the screenie. :)

archlinxfcespring01.th.png

securitybreach
I can understand why you need two monitors... or is that three I see there? ;)

That is 3 monitors:

2 x 21" 1600x900

1 x 22" 1920x1080

For a total resolution of 5120x1080 B)

securitybreach
For a total resolution of WOW! ;)

Eh it is still not enough. That is the thing with multi-monitors: once you get used to having a lot of space, you still want more!!

I think I would be content with about 6 x 32" monitors, if I had the money anyway. I think it may be time for multitasking rehab :hysterical:

securitybreach
Here you go... for Christmas this year:

product_1.jpg

So you are buying right?

BTW it looks like those bottom monitors are running htop/

Guest LilBambi

That's work too! You buying now? ;)

I am only in wishbook mode. If you all want to wish with me, cool. But I am not buying even for me LOL!

V.T. Eric Layton

Me too. There's just something about that big bird. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've loved the B-17 since I was a kid. A few years ago I was actually able to climb into one of those fabulous machines. Let me tell you... they were made for men of much smaller stature than I. That fellow in the tailgun position needed to be an anorexic jockey type. Man! That is one cramped spot. The plane I actually was aboard was The Colings Foundation's Nine o' Nine. It's still flying, too.

1322847960_8d5c42e907.jpg

Watch (and listen) to this cool vid of Sentimental Journey's pilots firing up those four monstrous Pratt & Whitney Hornets... 750 horses per engine, baby! They don't make 'em like that anymore. The sound of these engines is deafening. The ground vibrates when they're running them up to speed on the tarmac. It gets the blood flowing. Of course, if you were a young waist gunner in 1943, you'd be whizzing in your shorts about that time, too. What men they were!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow1LjE1EJwQ...feature=related

V.T. Eric Layton

Actually, those are Wright Cyclones. Only the older versions of the B-17s had the Pratt & Whitneys. :)