Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

WOW! Check it out! I was finally able to register at ImageBam. I tried to register a few months ago, but something buggy was going on. It didn't like my username. Now though, no problemo! YAY! >_

D***, it uses GTK+ and I'm not installing the gimp tool kit,My system is so happy without gnome, gnome apps or gnome libraries,I'd hate to muck it up now for a few graphics.gkrellm does look nice though.

securitybreach

My latest one:f7c51a63561758.gifNormally no cool graphics just mostly consoles and a browser on screen1 and Gnuscreen on screen2.Rick look here for some great conky configs: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=39906 Conky only requires glib2 so no gtk/gnome required:

╔═ comhack@Venus 11:12 PM ╚═══ ~-> pacman -Qi conky | grep DependsDepends On	 : glib2

securitybreach
Wow! COOL! Bunches and bunches of conky configs. A lazy man's dream! >_I posted that on your conky thread also, you must of missed it. That is why I said I have used it as a reference many times. At 18 pages, you should be able to get something going. hehehehe

V.T. Eric Layton

Either I missed it then or forgot it now. It's h3ll to get old and lose your hair... and other things. >_

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm just not with it today. I think all this cold weather this past few days down here has frozen my brain.

Hello,I just made a new desktop as a tribute to Bruno.click hereThis link takes you to another page and another click here.(sorry)Anyway, this desktop is hard getting used to, because I do use this siteoften, and I think I am on the site instead of my desktop.

securitybreach

Very nice and thoughtful Jim.Great job!!!!!!If I were you, I would go fullscreen in Firefox(F11) before taking the screenshot so you do not have toolbars showing on your wallpaper.

securitybreach
Something a little darker than usual...
Honestly, I think is one of the my favorites among your tons of screenshots. I like the use of colors and the slight transparency of the windows. Of course, you already know I love dark themes. :hysterical:

V.T. Eric Layton

I'd have to admit that "Mr. Ubuntu" (Urmas) inspired that desktop by a comment he made in regards to an older similar one that I had created. This one is gooder! :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice! But then again, I'm partial to dragons, and red, and dark.LOL
Myself, I'm partial to blue, silver, and white. Or light colored themes.I was so glad when kde4 got air. I did not like the dark colored oxygen.My 2¢Cheers

Myself, I'm partial to blue, silver, and white. Or light colored themes.I was so glad when kde4 got air. I did not like the dark colored oxygen.My 2¢Cheers
I like blue but it's got to be very dark. Light colours bother my eyes too much.