Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach

My newest one: e1907d59789762.gifIts weird that the info script does not show the correct font, I might have to look at it. I use droid-ttf fonts not sans font as shown in the ~/.Xdefaults on the left side.Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

That is pretty cool looking... and techy. ;)Oh, and just when the coversation with cubi was getting good, you started redacting the lines. :hysterical:

Cool SB! and techy. I admit I'm a sucker for pretty. Cool colours and translucency etc. I like the last few lines in the Arch IRC channel - "So sydney's not so great now?..........I wish I lived in Melbourne :( " So do I. Oh wait, I do! :thumbsup: :)

securitybreach
Cool SB! and techy. I admit I'm a sucker for pretty. Cool colours and translucency etc. I like the last few lines in the Arch IRC channel - "So sydney's not so great now?..........I wish I lived in Melbourne :( " So do I. Oh wait, I do! :thumbsup: :)
Thanks. The wallpaper is actually from a set of 3 wallpapers. Get em here: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=75664 As far as the colors and transparency, I use urxvt (rxvt-unicode-256) terminal with a custom colorset. My configuration is on the left side of the shot next to the irc terminal and also in my sig.As far as Australia, I would love to visit or move to Australia, I bet it is awesome. Although, the telcoms are doing some things I do not agree with there but everywhere has its ups and downs : http://www.efa.org.au/Issues/Censor/cens1.html Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

My brother vacationed in Australia and New Zealand a few years ago. He said it was absolutely awesome. He brought me back a boomerang. :thumbsup:

securitybreach
My brother vacationed in Australia and New Zealand a few years ago. He said it was absolutely awesome. He brought me back a boomerang. :)
Cool!! I wish I had one :thumbsup: Have you had a chance to go out and play with it.Thanks

The internet censorship has been a storm in a teacup. Sure they can order you to take down really bad content, but I think many countries do that. Several ISPs (I think 3) did voluntary testing of the Internet Filter scheme but dropped it really quickly as unworkable. A list of filtered sites was leaked much to Govt dismay.I sometimes go to a park with some friends and fly a plastic boomerang and frisbees. Lotsa fun! :thumbsup: :( B) PS. It's a perfect 28C in Melbourne today. :) Don't mention tomorrow's forecast though (39 :o )

securitybreach
Oh, no! It's a beautifully crafted piece of art on its own stand. I wouldn't even dream of throwing it around.
Did not think of that. Honestly I would not throw it either but it is definetly cool.Thanks

securitybreach

Wow!!! :thumbsup: :) :( I can understand why you would not throw it. Was it made by the aborigine? That is really cool. Definetly a prized posession.Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

I haven't a clue. It's probably some "made in china" knock off tourist crap, but it's really well made and looks hand painted.

V.T. Eric Layton

Nah... knowing my brother, he paid big bucks for it, too. Mine actually has a picture of a gila monster painted on it... like this one:gila_monster.jpg

securitybreach
And Gila Monsters come from Mexico, what is painted on an Aboriginal boomerang would be a goanna.
Learn something new everyday. Really neat picture. I wish I had one for a pet. Off to wikipedia to read up on them.Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

Have to wait till I borrow my brother's li'l camera again. :)Hmm... sure looks like a gila monster. I'll take your word for it though, Sunrat, since you're in a better position to know than I am. :lol:

Have to wait till I borrow my brother's li'l camera again. :)Hmm... sure looks like a gila monster. I'll take your word for it though, Sunrat, since you're in a better position to know than I am. ;)
Or it could be Tiliqua rugosa, aka Stumpy-tailed Lizard or Shingleback, or a similar species.http://www.outback-australia-travel-secret...gue-lizard.htmlshingleback-lizard.jpg