Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

I actually used to have a '57 like that one in the pic there. Here's a pic of mine...MyHeavyChevy78.jpgI was only the second owner of that car. I had if from '77 - '82.
A lovely car that is !!!:whistling: Burno

My husband continues to drool over '57 Chevies. He's never owned one but growing up his best buddy's father bought one new and that started his fascination with that model.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... I had my "classic car/hotrod" days. Here are some pics with some of my other cars. No wonder I was always broke as a teen/young adult. ;)Here's a pic of the '69 Ford Mustang Mach I that I used to own as a youth. This car was a serious money pit. I bought it for $1500 when I was 16 years old (had help from mom on that ;) ). I dropped about $5K into it for repairs and maintenance over the next couple years, then sold it to some sucker... er, I mean young fellow for $1800. I had my fun with it, though... what a babe magnet this car was! ;)69Mach1.jpgIn the background of that pic, you can see my mother's '59 Chevy (the yellow one) and my '69 Plymouth Valiant. The Valiant wasn't a classic by any stretch of the imagination, but while the classics and hotrods were in partial states of repair and disassembly in my backyard, that old Valiant was my primary transportation. ;)

69Mach1.jpg
Nice! I had a boyfriend who had the 67 Shelby Cobra GT 500 with the 289 under the hood. Midnight blue, chrome that rarely saw dust, the fat tires like yours...oooh what a dream car that was! He was a real jerk but man, I looked so good in that car!!!LOL

I know one doesn't have to be artistic to use the gimp but I'm so untalented, my stick people collapse in shame. :(Seriously, I don't know how to use it. I didn't understand photoshop either. Friends and family have tried to instruct me to no avail. So I'll just leave the creative stuff to you and those who can do it and will pester, uh, I mean ask if I can have a copy when something really catches my eye. :huh:

V.T. Eric Layton

There's not an artistic bone in my body. I can whistle Dixie and draw stickmen. That's about it. Seriously. I'm so left-brained that I don't even need my right brain for anything. ;)I didn't know diddly-do about how to use The GIMP until this past year. How'd I learn? Play with it. Push buttons. I'm still a GIMP babe-in-the-woods. That app is so very powerful. I've just scratched the surface of what it can do. It's FUN. Try it. :huh:

My set up for Sunday the 20th of September:slackshot65.th.png B)
Balloons! A wild guess here but someone's birthday coming up? Are you really that old?! Just teasing you Eric, you're not that old. B)