Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

Heh... Heh... HAHAHA! :thumbsup: That's it. I'm tired of GNU/LInux. I'm going back to Windows...Faux_MSshot01_thumb.png
LOL . . . . hahaha . . . is that WinSlack 7 or 8 ?? . . . . :hysterical: B) Bruno

V.T. Eric Layton

The image is appropriate, in my opinion for that operating system. ;)Nah, Bruno... it's MicroTux VisSlackta PRO-letaritiat - Service Pack 12.2. :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

You'll notice that many of my recent postings have lost their images. This is because DROPFILES S*CKS! They claim they had some server issue last week and I needed to re-register. Sadly, I can't use my previous username or email (already on system), so all my files are gone. I'll be deleting DROPFILES from my Bookmarks. They dropped my files alright. ARRRRRRRRRRGH! <_>

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

You'll notice that many of my recent postings have lost their images. This is because DROPFILES S*CKS! They claim they had some server issue last week and I needed to re-register. Sadly, I can't use my previous username or email (already on system), so all my files are gone. I'll be deleting DROPFILES from my Bookmarks. They dropped my files alright. ARRRRRRRRRRGH! <_<
That is a major pain Eric . . . I can see why you are angry !!This is my biggest fear in keeping stuff uploaded with online "services" . . . . you never know when they will drop the service.B) Bruno

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, I have copies of everything on my system. I don't trust online servers for anything of importance. I've emailed Dropfiles support. Let's see if they even answer. Sunrat, are you having this issue too?

Sunrat, are you having this issue too?
Obviously they're having server problems. A few sites I use have had them recently - Debian User Forums,Gentoo Forums, GMail, Scot's Newsletter Forums........ Hopefully it's temporary.I can log in as sunrat but get this message:
Uploader MessageUnable to access user folder for sunrat. This could be due to the userfiles folder not being CHMODed correctly.

V.T. Eric Layton

That's the same message I'm getting. They did NOT respond to my email to support yet. :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Dropfiles --> Ooops! :hysterical:

Latest problems and your helpPosted on 06/21/2009 04:43PMDear fellow Dropfiles.net users,Dropfiles.net has been online since 2005. For four years we tried to offer our services for free. We did our best to keep the best file hosting available without asking money from our users. We are very sorry to announce that we can no longer pay our hosting bills. Bandwidth costs are increasing every day and only revenue we have is our limited ad revenues. As you are probably aware some of the users can not access their files. We had to put our second storage server down. Files are not deleted but they are offline as we can not pay the bandwidth bill.As soon as we can pay the bill, the server will be back online. We will appreciate any donations you can make. By donating a small amount to dropfiles.net you can contribute to this free community... Please help the dropfiles.net to stay alive. Make a small donation today:DONATE HERE** This is the link on the Dropfiles website.I will announce the amount of donations and names of the respected donation makers here. As soon as we reach $120 (our latest bill) we will put the server back online.Thank you for your cooperation.Dropfiles.net Administrator

D*** shame that. Dropfiles only had about 2500 users and many would not be regulars, so contributions could be slow. Unfortunately my finances are pretty slim due to unexpected doctors bills so can't help out.It was always a fine service, so I hope they recover.

V.T. Eric Layton

Heh! Well, it's for sure that I can't donate anything. I've been scraping by on unemployment compensation (which just ended for me) since August of '08. :thumbsup:

sticky notes all over, it's the only way i can remember stuff. a dual monitor setup only to be covered in sticky notes. :thumbsup:
Maybe a personal wiki like Zim would help to organise all those notes. :rolleyes:

interesting, i'll give it a looksee. i have kbasket running and full of stuff but i just haven't used it lately. definitely gotta keep working on my organizing stuff. i'm such a packrat for every little snippet. :thumbsup:

sticky notes all over, it's the only way i can remember stuff. a dual monitor setup only to be covered in sticky notes. :thumbsup:
I love sticky notes, can't live without them ! . . . . I would forget my coffee in the morning if not for the sticky note that reminds me :wacko: . . . :rolleyes: B) Bruno

I love sticky notes, can't live without them ! . . . . I would forget my coffee in the morning if not for the sticky note that reminds me :rolleyes: . . . :thumbsup: B) Bruno
Bruno, I'm sure the caffeine receptor in your brain would have kernel panic if you forgot your coffee! :wacko:

Bruno, I'm sure the caffeine receptor in your brain would have kernel panic if you forgot your coffee! :lol:
. . . LOL . . . I guess it would indeed :)B) Bruno

• 3 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

My latest Debian... debshot02.th.pngNotice that I made my own custom panel image. The GIMP is a wonderful thing. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

An updated version...slackshot51.th.pngThe image quality had deteriorated so badly on most versions of this wallpaper online that I had to "glass block" distort it to make it look half decent. I don't think it came out too bad. B)