Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton
Wow, thanks for another wallpaper site. I'm limited on my eeepc. I rarely go into Advanced to see the paper and then I'm limited to 800 x 480. But in PCLinux using a 19" wide lcd, I have papers I cycle through but I'm on the lookout for lots more.
Liz, the cool thing about that site is that it autodetects your screen res and offers the downloads in your size automatically. That's the first wallpaper site I've been to that does that. UberCOOL! :lol:

V.T. Eric Layton

Foothills of the Appalachians, George? Where are you? North Georgia? N. Carolina? Wherever, it's beautiful there. :(

Eric,How do you upload a picture?I don't see an upload button anywhere.
You need to upload the image to an external host and post a thumbnail url as "Insert Image". Then link the thumbnail to the fullsize one. Eric and I both use www.dropfiles.net , but there are a number of hosting sites like imageshack or photobucket.Here's the code from my last deskshot:
[url="http://www.dropfiles.net//files/2864/forums/deskshot1.png"][img=http://www.dropfiles.net//files/2864/forums/resized_deskshot1.png][/url]

And the result:resized_deskshot1.pngFor this one i made my own thumbnail and uploaded it, but the hosting sites can make one automatically if you like.I like dropfiles as you can post and share many file types, not just images, and you can hotlink. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

Umm... well, sunrat beat me to that answer, vonbiber. He gave a great answer, though. That's how it's done. :P

I am in north central Pa. Eric and that picture was taken last Aug at our 50th wedding anniversary at a christian camp called HIS THOUSAND HILLS where I work part time it is in Tioga County Pa. and we rented 5 cabins that sleep 9 people each and needless to say those people are my family all four generations are represented there . 35 in all

securitybreach
I am in north central Pa. Eric and that picture was taken last Aug at our 50th wedding anniversary at a christian camp called HIS THOUSAND HILLS where I work part time it is in Tioga County Pa. and we rented 5 cabins that sleep 9 people each and needless to say those people are my family all four generations are represented there . 35 in all
Thats cool, I just moved to Pennsylvania back in December. Although, I am a bit further south than you. I live in Altoona.Thanks Edited by securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

Something more personal for a change...slackshot46_thumb.png*click for bigger picAnd the matching theme...themeshot47_thumb.png*click for bigger pic

Something more personal for a change...slackshot46_thumb.png*click for bigger picAnd the matching theme...themeshot47_thumb.png*click for bigger pic
All together now....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Indeed Sue, ....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Where are my sunglases ?:thumbsup: Bruno

Indeed Sue, ....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Where are my sunglases ? :thumbsup: Bruno
Ohhh, I didn't even notice the day-glo colours. My eyes were focused on the kitties. :thumbsup: Not my thing but hey, if someone else can live with it, then so be it.

What kitties Sue ?? Lemmie check again . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . alright now I see them, I was blinded by all the flashy colors . . . :hysterical: B) Bruno

What kitties Sue ?? Lemmie check again . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . alright now I see them, I was blinded by all the flashy colors . . . :hysterical: B) Bruno
Is it ok to make fun of Eric like this? I suppose if he posts images like this, he's asking for it, eh. B)

V.T. Eric Layton

HAHAHA! :hysterical: I like colorful. Heh! Fortunately for all concerned, I don't keep a desktop/theme up for more than 24 hours these days. I like variety, too. B)

V.T. Eric Layton

OK. OK. Here's something a little more traditional for you blasé, unimaginative folks...slackshot47_thumb.png*click for bigger picAnd the matching theme...themeshot48_thumb.png*click for bigger pic

V.T. Eric Layton

I was inspired after SlaXP. Here for your viewing pleasure is Slackbuntu, complete with faux Gnome theme:slackshot48_thumb.png*click for bigger picthemeshot48-1_thumb.png*click for bigger picWhat's next? Slack Mint, maybe? Or how 'bout Slackdriva? Oooh... or Slackdows 7. HAHAHAHA! B)

V.T. Eric Layton

Heh... Heh... HAHAHA! B) That's it. I'm tired of GNU/LInux. I'm going back to Windows...Faux_MSshot01_thumb.png*click for bigger pic

Heh... Heh... HAHAHA! B) That's it. I'm tired of GNU/LInux. I'm going back to Windows...Faux_MSshot01_thumb.png*click for bigger pic
Love the image. Not too keen on the icons though. I prefer a clean desktop.