Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Looking good, Jodef! I like that wallpaper, too.Here's my latest:slackshot32_thumb.png*click for bigger pic

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

And another new one...slackshot33_thumb.png*click for bigger picOK, I figured out the thumbnails at Dropfiles. :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

No problemo, securitybreach. Show us your Arch version with that wallpaper when you get a chance.Nice desktop, sunrat. I like the Debian swirl on the girl's yo-yo. ;)

Nice desktop, sunrat. I like the Debian swirl on the girl's yo-yo. :w00t:
Actually its not Debian swirl, but now that you mention it, it will be soon! Thanks. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

I notice that compared with many of yall's desktops, mine is pretty sparse. Just in case you wondered how I manage to operate my system without all those spiffy (and needed) shortcuts, here's a shot of my left side hide-away panel:sidepanelshot01.pngI hide a lot of those much needed goodies in there. Others I start from the run box on that side panel, the menu, or from terminal. We all get the job done. We just do it differently. ;)

Ah, the old hideaway panel trick, eh?!What's the character map app? Can you insert any characters in it? I want to set one up for Vietnamese characters but haven't had much luck finding one yet.

securitybreach

Well I finally got my Nokia N810 and customized the theme. So I figured I would show a screenshot of ny N810. Still got some customizations left as far as software, etc.8ea5a835611970.gif BTW the Internal drive listed in the conky-like widget is the default / directory and the other one is the built-in /home directory. The / partition only has a 256mb internal drive and with the Linux OS installed and about 15 programs, I still have 66mb free. Most of the programs are between 36kb and 5mb. The /home directory is a 2gb internal drive as well. They did a good job with shrinking the packages, Xchat is down to 1.2mb for the install and a normal xchat install is 6.64mb (on archlinux) although I do not normally use xchat. I useually use Weechat but Weechat has not been ported to the ARM processor yet. I do plan on getting a 8gb micro-sdhc and putting / and /home on it along with another distro (Mer). This little machine is amazing as it though..... http://www.imagebam.com/image/8ea5a835611970/Thanks

Edited by securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

Sunrat... that's the standard character map panel applet that is available on KDE3. Yes, you can customize it to show the characters you want. I'm not sure about Vietnamese, though.Securitybreach... that is a very nice one. I like it.Here's my latest:slackshot34_thumb.png*click for bigger pic

Well I finally got my Nokia N810 and customized the theme. So I figured I would show a screenshot of ny N810. Still got some customizations left as far as software, etc.8ea5a835611970.gif
Very super mega cool Breach !! . . . . ( And seeing the rainy weather forecast you will have plenty of time customizing this week :devil: ):whistling: Bruno

( And seeing the rainy weather forecast you will have plenty of time customizing this week :whistling: )
Just blame the Finns for the weather... I see that Nokia - a Finnish company - uses a Finnish weather service (Foreca) as default.avainlippu.gif :devil:

securitybreach

Hehehehehe. Coincidence or something more? I am a bit far from Finland though, I live in Pennsylvania.Thanks

Righty Ho :hysterical: Have JUST installed NEW Picture (the DREAM) from personal pictures in NEW desktop on the Quad--->>>Shoot HOW do I post this image from File or DesktopCheers for years Colin :thumbsup:and if anyone wants a copy please just ask

Edited by kamicota

V.T. Eric Layton

I see it fine, Colin. It's very pretty.Here, I'll thumbnail it for you:th_GirlDream1511beb.jpg*click for bigger pic

Eric THANK YOU SO muchHOW do I use this as my avatar--->>> as I BE also in "the DREAM" with many centuries ahead to share with othersCheers for YearsColin :hysterical:

V.T. Eric Layton

You'd have to shrink it down to whatever is allowed here, Colin, and then host it at Photobucket or upload it directly to Scots using your Profile avatar preferences. Bruno or one of the other mods might be able to do it for you. I wouldn't recognize you with a different avatar. It would take some getting used to. :hysterical:

EricThat is SO beautiful BUT I feel as IF I have been NAUGHTY ENOUGH these last 72 Years and it is time to have "the DREAM" of life ahead as the little child that is inside of all of usCheers for years Colin :hysterical:

See http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=4867 for some info on posting images and avatars. Some may be out of date though.I find the easiest way to insert a pic with thumbnail (after you upload to imagebucket or whatever) is to use "Insert Image" to put the thumbnail URL, and then "Insert Link" with the thumbnail code selected to link to the full-size image URL.For avatar you can upload to imagebucket and use your Controls, or directly upload to the forum. There are limits on size and filetype.