Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

Is that the default layout? Am I the only one who noticed the last two icons to the right on the taskbar kinda spell something? Sorry, I had to mention it. I am a little immature sometimes.
:D nope, you're not the only one. they should not have placed a facebook icon in front of a youtube icon. :) ;) :thumbsup: Edited by cybormoron

V.T. Eric Layton
:D nope, you're not the only one. they should not have placed a facebook icon in front of a youtube icon. :) ;) :thumbsup:
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: HAHA! I hadn't noticed that till you pointed it out. We're bad! :devil:

liz...it is a live cd with option to install. it is also considered an alpha release so be careful. they have also just released an updated version in just a few days. it's now version 1.0.1. still alpha i think. a virtual machine in virtualbox is the perfect place for this. http://www.thinkgos.com/i can't remember but i think the torrent was relatively fast.http://www.thinkgos.com/downloads.htmltorrenthttp://thegreencompany.servdns.com/thinkgo...0.1_386.torrentftpftp://thegreencompany.servdns.com/gOS/ISO...e-1.0.1_386.isoi'm working on a flickr slideshow for this. should have something up later today.gos116ym4.th.png

Edited by cybormoron

i'm working on a flickr slideshow for this. should have something up later today.
A slideshow would be nice . . . . . I will add it to the post in the Pictutorials thread.:hmm: Bruno

:thumbsup: nope, you're not the only one. they should not have placed a facebook icon in front of a youtube icon. B) :hysterical: :hysterical:
I had to take a double look sheesh i am blind sometimes :hysterical: Edited by steel

"Blessed are the clean of heart..." :P
:P i wasnt paying attention to busy looking at the icons ... my excuse and i am sticking to it :P :whistling: ;)
I guess that let's me out because as soon as it was pointed out to me, I didn't need any explanation. :o
it went over my head till someone mention it on the thread too, i had to take a double look, i guess i didnt have my smarties that day :P

V.T. Eric Layton

Kinda' fun playing around with GIMP, you know. ;)Here's the matching theme shot to go along with that desktop:th_themeshot01.png*clicky for bigger picI always match my themes to go along with my desktops. FUN! ;)

something completely new :D i didnt install this but if you wanted to install it on ubuntu the instructions are on the bottom for other distros you just have to change it a little startmenuep5.th.pngxpde

wget -c http://www.xpde.com/releases/xpde-0.5.1.tar.gz && sudo tar -C /usr/share -x -z -v -f xpde-0.5.1.tar.gz && wget -c http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/XPde.desktop && sudo cp XPde.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/XPde.desktop && sudo chmod +x /usr/share/xsessions/XPde.desktop && rm xpde-0.5.1.tar.gz && rm XPde.desktop
Removing it
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/xpde sudo rm /usr/share/xsessions/XPde.desktop
credits
In order for your changes to take effect, press Control-Alt-Backspace or reboot.

V.T. Eric Layton

Heh! I might look into that my brother and another friend of mine are interested in playing with a Linux distro on their systems. They are both relatively computer "dummies". They only use their systems for the basics of every day stuff, but they're both disgusted with Windows, malware, and virii problems. I could set them up something like this on their systems and they'd feel right at home. Might be an easy way to transition them into Linux.

securitybreach

Kinda scary though. The transition would definetly help some windows converts. Though most of the people I have converted like the ideal of something that looks and feels different. Thats what interest them to begin with besides loving the ideal of no viruses, malware, spyware, etc. to worry about. They like the ideal of having unlimited possibilities. Of course, most of them are avid computer users. Thanks

Edited by securitybreach

hehe yeah it is kinda of scary and i am always looking around for windows managers, as of now .. fluxbox and afterstep are my fav, i tried the E17 and i find it a tad unstable and there is so much to learn with E17 ... but i does look good ....

I could set them up something like this on their systems and they'd feel right at home
I think so to Eric, it would just feel weird for the rest of us ... been so long i havent had anything that looked like xp on this comp and i dont think i am missing too much

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I still have an XP on my system, but you guys know that I never boot to it. However, I have to use that operating system at work now. I HATE IT! It's so miserable to have to go from a GREASED LIGHTNING FAST Slackware at home to that sloooooowwwwww Windows at work. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Makes me want to scream.

securitybreach

Here is my newest screenshot. It is Arch Core 2007.08-2 running KDEmod 3.5.8, and Eterm.arch3gd4.th.pngEnjoy

Edited by securitybreach

• 4 months later...