From Thunderbird to Gmail

Grasshopper

Yep. I finally got everything up to Gmail around noon today. I had a snafu or two but I persevered. Nothing like running everything through AOL...shudder....The only addition I may make is something I found while searching how to make the switch. Some are running Thunderbird in the tray via extension and using it as a live backup to Gmail (they've been down before). I don't remember exactly the process but a quick search will show it.

• 1 month later...

I did something similar, but a different route, which doesn't involved IMAP or AOL email.Thunderbird -> Redirect Extension -> redirect all my emails to a temporary gmail accountAll the emails appear in the temp gmail, but dates are all wrong. so then i setup POP access from my main gmail into the temp gmail account, and the emails get transferred into my main gmail with correct dates. easy as pie. man, i should start up my own blog. IMAP and AOL transferring? :thumbsdown:by the way, welcome everyone. I had this account dormant for almost 2 years, but back once again. I wonder if anyone remembers me. Some usernames sound familiar.

Edited by Prelude76

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess I am kind of backwards but I thought I would mention my way . I have had a gmail account almost as soon as they started along with a earthlink account and my own domain account . So what I do to consolidate them is forward them all to gmail with the provision to archive them in gmail and then forward all gmail to thunderbird which gives me desktop access to all of my messagesHi prelude ltns mostly because I am not too regular on here myself anymore .I am ashamed to say

Edited by georgeg4