Just Checkin'

bigaldoc

Yeah, I've always been a fan of Scot's but been pretty much a lurker here these past four years, and that's a long story. I hope to be doing more than lurking as soon as I learn a little about how the innards of THIS board's software work...

It's very embarrassing to be a four-year-old rookie! Since I'm now on a campaign to get more active here, I've been reading the help like mad for a few days and today started experimenting with stuff like my signature and avatar.I've looked at the BB Code Help here in the posting window and I'm wondering if there's anywhere else in the Help files that I can or should do some more reading? I'm thinking of, for example, when I was modifying my sig this morning, I was trying to move the "Big Al" over a little to center it over the image in the sig. I couldn't find a non-breaking space tag or anything like that, so I ended up using "dots" to do the job. If any Mods are reading this, is there a "tab" tag or something like that which will move text to the right a prescribed amount? I eventually DID find the announcement post that UPLOADS are no longer allowed for avatar files, so I posted mine on my own domain and linked to it.

Edited by bigaldoc

It's very embarrassing to be a four-year-old rookie! Since I'm now on a campaign to get more active here, I've been reading the help like made for a few days and today started experimenting with stuff like my sig and avatar.I've looked at the BB Code Help here in the posting window and I'm wondering if there's anywhere else in the Help files that I can or should do some more reading? I'm thinking of, for example, when I was modifying my sig this morning, I was trying to move the "Big Al" over a little to center it over the image in the sig. I couldn't find a non-breaking space tag or anything like that, so I ended up using "dots" to do the job. If any Mods are reading this, is there a "tab" tag or something like that which will move text to the right a prescribed amount? I eventually DID find the announcement post that UPLOADS are no longer allowed for avatar files, so I posted mine on my own domain and linked to it.
HELLO AL,First time on here. Just checking things out. Not sure I've got this format straight either. Too used to that other one!
HELLO AL,First time on here. Just checking things out. Not sure I've got this format straight either. Too used to that other one!
Looks like I don't have the signiture line right either!!!!!!!

HELLO AL,First time on here. Just checking things out. Not sure I've got this format straight either. Too used to that other one!Looks like I don't have the signiture line right either!!!!!!!
How do you turn OFF the quotes? I'm not seeing this in the Help area.To set in my ways, I guess. :thumbsdown:
How do you turn OFF the quotes? I'm not seeing this in the Help area.To set in my ways, I guess. :thumbsdown:
I'm going inside to mix up a Mojita. I need one. :rolleyes:

Hey Bob,Is that really YOU? (Osprey ring a bell?) Neat place, don't you think? And I haven't figured out the sig line yet either so I am still typing mine in! :happyroll: I'd better work on it! I'm glad you are here!Skitterbug

Hi Bob!Gosh :happyroll: I'm glad to "see" you again! :happyroll:I am experimenting with my signature so I'll see if it works with this post! Hey, the sig looks pretty good! Now to figure out where to store my avatar so I can upload it. I don't think it is sized correctly. It is currently sized too small but too large in file size.....! Gotta work on it a bit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...