.cwk extension files

ewiebe

Hi,I just joined this forum. I would like to ask a question about file conversions. I have asked this question on other forums with either no response or very limited information.The .cwk file extension is used by older Macintosh programs (Claris?). I understand it is no longer supported by Mac.My problem is that I just took on Secretary duties in our local camera club. I'm not the person typing up the minutes. This is done by another member using Claris on a Mac. When this file is emailed to me, it comes out total gibberish in Word. I can open the Mac file by using "change the file type to recover text from any file type" in Word. The document then opens in Word so I can read it, but the formatting still has gaps and lots of problems where the whole thing needs to be edited. Also, there will still occasionally be non letter symbols instead of letters.While researching this problem, I found software programs costing around $50 to take care of the problem. Are there any no cost solutions out there?ewiebe

I also saw that in OS X, if the person saves the print preview file, it will be a pdf. If the Apple computer is running OS X, ask them to email you the print preview file.

redmaledeer

The above sound good. But if you end up still looking for freeware, the "freeware-news" Yahoo group is a good place to inquire,

Thanks all - ross549,EdP,zlim, and redmaledeer,I think the problem with this fellows Mac and his Claris software is that they are older models.We have come to a convoluted temporary solution. He sends his typed minutes to another member who has a new Mac and can convert the .cwk files to .doc or pdf files. These files are then sent to me.In the meantime I'll do some investigating of the problem.By the way, "redmaledeer", your suggestion of searching for freeware led me to this site: http://bearbottoms1.com/ . There is lots of free software to explore.ewiebe