Top Posters In This Topic

• Temmu

• Specmon

• zlim

• Urmas

Top Posters In This Topic

burninbush
Cool! And Warm! LOL!Great job Burninbush! :devil:
LOL -- I've been waiting since 1958 for somebody to ask me that question -- finally on a puter board it happens. I'm amazed I was able to remember the name of it. I was an avid reader of Scientific American in HS and for some time after -- that is exactly the sort of gizmo that would grab my attention. That, and ram jets, and one-man gyrocopter kites and Stirling motors -- my head is full of such trash. I'm still attracted to things like potato cannons. I actually manufactured a model Hilsch V.T. once -- mine didn't work as well as advertised, but the theory seems sound. It's been many years since the last time I heard of the device. I'm not sure what it's good for -- the energy to compress the input air isn't free, usually.
Temmu

free energy = nuclear - environmetalistsramjets! scramjets! :thumbsup:neighbor had gyrocopter, always wanted one when i was younger...now i'd settle for a sail-parachute with fan backpack (you see 'em used by photographers in remote locations on national geographic)

burninbush:What you say about the vortex tube is true, it does cost energy to compress that air, and the conversion of that energy back to usuable cold air is pretty poor.Still a neat concept though, that you could so effortlessly pull apart the air into hot and cold molecules B) So it's your turn to stump us. Pull a rabbit out of your hat! :thumbsdown:

• 2 weeks later...
rolanaj

Well its been ten days and burning bush hasn't posted anything, should we let someone else take a shot??

Temmu

absolutely! i may try to find something, but it will be late late late if i post...so...someone else give 'er a shot! :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Is it some sort of tablature for a muscial instrument?I've seen this somewhere years ago, and it's killing me trying to remember where and what :hysterical: :w00t:

Temmu
:( use answered!ross549, could be, notice the missing beads...rolanaj, bingo!specmon, yes, you prolly have seen it somewhere...:lol:one last hint:someone who does what ross549 does for a living might see those... (lights, they are...) :(
zlim

no, not a windmill. It sits close to the ground and is attached to something.

Edited by zlim
Temmu

a painted sunflower?a vegamatic?a bad version of art?an umbrella sans covering?sorry, no real guesses here... will have to think about it...

ross549

I think I went to Skagway the last time I was in Alaska. It's been a while though. I wish I could remember for sure.Adam

I will be surprised if this turns out to be a stumper, but let's see! B) These knives are razor sharp, come right or left handed, and have the tops "hooked" over. This is important to their purpose.What "is" their purpose??fdickknivescopytc2.gifWhat kind of knives are these?

Towncarman

The link does not work. It only takes you to the sign in page of ImageShack. So my guess is that the knives are for cutting thru the INTERNET. :hysterical: oops.... works now & I'm wrong. B) Towncarman

Edited by Towncarman

I won't google (to me that's cheating in this stumper category). I know what a clam knife looks like so my guess would be for some other kind of shellfish, maybe mussels or oysters.