Sign in to follow this  
Temmu

and just what, exactly, is that?

Yup, rolanaj. It's a bottle opener and the round thing on the right is to put the metal cap back on the bottle! That's way before my time because I don't recall anyone trying to put the metal top back on a bottle. I do remember when bottles had corks inside the metal caps.whatisit2b.gif

Edited by zlim

Wow! That was great! :D I was seeing it as "bigger" than it must be.Good guess rolanaj, good challenge Liz B) :huh:

likewise!well, rolanaj what shall you stump us with?

Something from Frankenstein's laboratory!

:hysterical: Well I guess a clue might be in order. You find the newer versions of these everywhere and while they don't usually look like this anymore, they come in all different styles and shapes and colors too.

looks like a waffle maker.[sniff! sniff!][home fire alarm goes off!]hey, does that mean breakfast is ready?? :hysterical:

usually does at my house :hysterical: but that's not what it is either. :whistling:

Well, this "is" an easy one, but I'm not sure I want to guess it, cause then it's my turn to come up with the next one. :whistling: But this is Alexander Graham Bell's first telephone!!Yeah Baby :hysterical: I guess I better start thinking of what's next

Nice, so whats your question Specmon?For anyone interested you can find out more about Alexander Graham Bell's first telephone. This site has lots of information.

Edited by rolanaj

I expect this to be a real "stumper" :hysterical: de9b81c38d.gifIt's not a "ray gun", the red and blue "rays" are an artist's depiction of what the device does.The part that looks like a handle or trigger is a coupling device, probably threaded.

Ion propulsion system for Cessna 152? :P

How did you know Urmas? Until Cessna pays me, I'm not releasing this to them. Might make the 154 version.Tell me which end is the forward thruster and which is the reverse, for extra credit :P :hysterical: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: next guess

it's a spray on "tan" for the hollywood (and other vain) types.however, it appears to be spraying on "blue", perhaps for the blue men group.

Here, I'll take a guess:It's a graffiti air brush paint sprayer, with a flashlight in the back to watch for the approach of the cops? :thumbsdown: :P :hysterical: next guess

low flow shower head (the blue end) with a built in hair dryer (hot end) :hysterical:ummm, I think I need to study this a bit further.rolanaj, I never would have guessed a phone. I'm sure I never saw a picture of that before. Thanks for furthering my education.

Alright, here's a little hint:While the device is real, you may not believe that it does what it is designed to do, unless you've studied some heavy duty physics and/or thermodynamics. :P :hysterical: There are a handful of people we haven't heard from yet. If none of them are successful, I can show a diagram of the internal "parts" that make my little magic machine work. :thumbsdown:

Is it an atomizer for bio-fuels?Great stuff everyone!!

nope, too big for an engine part like that. :P My device is at least 18" long, maybe a bit moreTry again

Alright people!!Let me show you what's inside the "low flow shower head":6619dbf942.gif4686087c70.gifThe only thing inside is that machined spiral shaped piece. It is made of metal, is perhaps an inch thick. There are no moving parts. The first diagram shows how the input is related to the sipral chamber.Put the correct input to the coupling device and you get output from both ends of the device. The output from the "red" side differs significantly from the wider "blue" side.Cheeesh!! I feel like I'm spoon feeding you guys! :harhar: B) Let's get some better guesses!! :thumbsup: B)

something that separates water from fuel?

Not a thermocouple.A thermocouple is usually much smaller, consists of a sandwich of two different metal strips that produce different electrical potential at different temperatures.Here is a typicial thermocouple that might be found in a furnace, used to make sure the pilot light is on before the gas valve is opened. The thermocouple is just the left end of this coil:a6d84426de.gif :thumbsup: B) next guessNot used to separate water from fuel either. By the way. there IS now enough information on the table to determine what this things is.Research people! Research! B) Remember: google is your friend :harhar:

Edited by Specmon

That's a Hilsch vortex tube, separates hot from cold gas molecules, at least in theory. What did I win? [man, it's amazing what clutters-up this old mind of mine]

VERY GOOD!! :D :D :clap: :D :D :D :devil: :thumbsup: :'( :hmm: You win the right, nay, the OBLIGATION to find the next item to stump us.The Hilsch Vortex Tube: you put in regular compressed air, at room temp and the vortex tube separates the faster ( more energy = higher temp) molecules from the slower (less energy = colder) molecules.In fact the cold side is cold enough for the air to be used for refrigeration. No moving parts.A Phenomenon of PhysicsThe Hilsch Vortex Tube

Cool! And Warm! LOL!Seems someone could take advantage of such a thing in heat pump and/or geo-thermal heat pump technology to save money on the refrigeration!Great job Burninbush! :devil: