• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Temmu

• Specmon

• zlim

• Urmas

Top Posters In This Topic

Specmon

Good try Urmas, but not a mechanical beast! :hmm: Here's a hint: This device is curently parked at the Maldives Hilton, and is manufactured by MJ Murphy Ltd, a design consultancy based in New Zealand.Other than that, I'm gonna wait and see who sinks or swims trying to guess. :wacko:

Specmon
an underwater observation deck?
weeellllll...... its obviously something for underwater, but observation deck misses the mark.You could make observations while using it, but that's not its purpose.Try again. :hmm:
Temmu

an undersea motel room? (judging from the position of the glass, i'd say no nookie tonight...) :hmm:

Specmon
an undersea motel room?(judging from the position of the glass, i'd say no nookie tonight...) laugh.gif
You're getting closer! :hmm: :wacko: This thing "is" used as part of the services offered by the Hilton.
cybormoron

lunch at the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant in the Maldivian lagoon :hmm: i'll have the tomato and buffalo mozzarella with toasted pine nuts, fried basil and balsamic syrup for my starter then for the main course i'll have the fire grilled beef tenderloin with pan-fried potatoes, herb roasted tomato, baked portobello black mushroom, then for dessert i'll go with the sliced exotic fruit platter with mango sorbet.http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/MLEH...sland/dining.dohttp://www.mjmurphy.co.nz/undersearestaurant.htmhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaa

Edited by cybormoron
cybormoron

no fish fingers, sir. how about a seared fillet of reef fish on lemon scented spinach & bittersweet orange essence!!! :hmm:

Specmon

Yes!!! Very good. :hmm: B) I figured a quick google search might turn this up with the given info.

The World's First All-glass Undersea Restaurant OpensThe Maldives | 15 April marks the day that the first ever all-glass undersea restaurant in the world opens its doors for business at the Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa. It will sit five meters below the waves of the Indian Ocean, surrounded by a vibrant coral reef and encased in clear acrylic offering diners 270-degrees of panoramic underwater views. "We have used aquarium technology to put diners face-to-face with the stunning underwater environment of the Maldives", says Carsten Schieck, General Manager of Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa. "Our guests always comment on being blown away by the colour, clarity, and beauty of the underwater world in the Maldives, so it seemed the perfect idea to build a restaurant where diners can experience fine cuisine and take time to enjoy the views - without ever getting their feet wet." Created by MJ Murphy Ltd, a design consultancy based in New Zealand, Ithaa's distinctive feature is the use of curved transparent acrylic walls and roof, similar to those used in aquarium attractions. "The fact that the entire restaurant except for the floor is made of clear acrylic makes this unique in the world," continues Schieck, "We are currently planting a coral garden on the reef to add to the spectacular views of the rays, sharks and many colourful fish that live around the area.
1d7aba21a2.gif856bb5ce49.gif999aabf2e6.gif2474cf6403.gif095e9cc4be.gifCybormoron has the floor! :wacko: Edited by Specmon
Specmon

Well, it looked too obvious, but you say they are hair shears.They're nothing I've ever seen used on horses, but they must be for some sort of livestock

zlim

I was gonna guess toe nail clippers for elephants. :hysterical:Many moons ago irons were heated in the fire to give curls. So maybe a curling iron? (I don't google, I just try and guess).In fact that rewinder I would have guessed look similar to a game with lights called Simon Says.

zlim

Oh my, I had another one correct!I present you this item. To me, it looked like a dog dish with a tray to keep it neat. It isn't. whatisit2.gif