Sign in to follow this  
Temmu

and just what, exactly, is that?

steve623onbridgenew.pngdust623_und.pngok... whatzit? it's two things... identify them and you can post the next find!psi do indeed have other pix to post should this not be enough...

Whatever it is, the guy was an idiot for having it implanted in his chest like that.

tn-roadtrip.png ok - what is it?- prop from a "b" sci-fi movie?- prop from nasa as moon / mars rover?- practical joke?well?? let's have a guess or two...

A Zamboni that can float if the ice melts. :bounce:

A Zamboni that can float if the ice melts. :P
a.... no.
First pix: Ghost Busters2nd Pix: Biiiig tires! Can carry big loads for sure. Some sort of ore carrier?
1. yeah, kinda looks like! :D2. no... but see below...
Tow tractor for KM Ekranoplan B)( YouTube Flash Video... HERE. B) )
wow. very cool. watched the entire video and am headed back for the others...hint.it was built in 1931 and drove 1200 miles to catch a ship in new york.the ship dropped it off, er, unloaded it, quite a ways away.i'll drop by in the morning or so with more pix and a linky to a website devoted entirely to this large & interesting device with two large diesel motors.

thingy.png - a pc water cooler, complete with peltier transistor?- an automatic shrimp pealer?- a peanut butter maker?- a national security satellite?ok. guesses, please. :hysterical: Edited by Temmu

A national security peanut shaker satellite?

Edited by henderrob

Gee and for the first one I was gonna say, Wow, they finally came out with a portable "Bat Signal" LOL! But then I didn't see the bat shadow over it. ;)For the next slide....hmmmm, what could it be? Good one henderrob.I vote for "a pc water cooler, complete with peltier transistor" :DI was gonna say an overgrown starter or alternator, but it does kinda look like a satellite of sorts too....Help! :hysterical:

A high tech gerbil running wheel. :hysterical:The fan on the end generates cooling so you don't need to run the air conditioner in the house.

:D well, a vote for an orbiting peanut shaker, a previous vote for a bat-signal (does look like that!) a vote for a pc cooler, and a vote for house air conditioning on the cheap! :hmm: (glad i checked back in! :) )and the winner is...linky
04-648-100 - Kimpex Ultimate Traxtion Track. 1" lug height. 144 pre-molded stud holes.Designed for the snowmobiler who wants the safety and traction of a studded track.
it's rolled-up for shipping, of course!----ok, someone post something.... or, if not, i will later! :)

Urmas if there were a few more copper lines there I would say you have the makings of a moonshine still. But I think that might be a wood fired water heater. :D Maybe a maple sugar still.... Wait how many guesses do I get? Tommy

But I think that might be a wood fired water heater.
Getting warmer :D ... that is the (lesser) half of the story... it indeed does heat water, too. But its main function? :hmm:

Part of a biodiesel fuel cracking system?Part of a baseboard heating system?What the heck is that thing LOL!:D

Hint #1: In my part of the World, this thing was traditionally used on Saturdays only. :D

To wash clothes? Make lye soap? I don't know much about traditions in Finland, or even Europe for that matter. Tommy B)

To wash clothes? Make lye soap?
Hint #2: To wash body and soul... and on Saturday, because one had to be clean in church on Sunday morning. B) Edited by Urmas

well, so far we know it heats water... so it's gotta heat the house too, which would be very nice for bathing in winter B)

well, so far we know it heats water... so it's gotta heat the house too, which would be very nice for bathing in winter ;)
Yeah... the question is, which "house"... or... "room"?Hint #3: An electric version of this (without the water heater) might look like... this:softhot.gif B) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That looks like a sauna. I assume those rocks heat up and you would pour water over them to get steam. Maybe thats right I rarely ever am.. Tommy

That looks like a sauna. I assume those rocks heat up and you would pour water over them to get steam. Maybe thats right I rarely ever am.. Tommy
Give the man ape a cigar! B) Yes! What we have here...224270es7ve7.gif... is a (wood fired) "heat storage sauna stove". "Heat storage" means that its body is filled with stones, and it's "pre-heated" before bathing.The history of the sauna stoveThe Finnish Sauna Society --Development of the Finnish SaunaStove galoreTo "fire up" a stove like the one above requires some practise... a simpler and more common solution is...kuva3c2137ei1bd1.gif... a "continuous-heated" sauna stove (meaning that the fire below the stones - and here there are much less stones - is "on" throughout the bathing). The water heaters are relevant in summer cottages without plumbing/electricity.saunakd0.gifTommy! You're on! :rolleyes: Edited by Urmas

sauna! cool! i should go, it's very relaxing!